How old were you when you started making miniatures?

KathieB

How old were you when you began making miniatures?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. How old were you when you began making miniatures?

California is great for projects like that. LOL I grew up in Orange Co. we used orange tree branches to make the "logs" that come out of the top part of the adobe houses. One day I am going to try and reproduce that old project. I know the outside was the old fashioned flour, salt and water "play dough" before there was play dough. LOL

• Like 1

Wow. Now you guys are taking me way, way back. In grade school, we were supposed to do a replica of an Indian (Native American) village when we were studying about them. I didn't like looking at mine because- well, all the other kids had nice projects, but I hadn't been taught about using my creative faculties to make something look like something else. So, I actually used DIRT for dirt. I can't remember what the rest looked like and I don't know what my grade is. The teacher put them all on top of the lockers so the whole school could see; I just kept wishing that mine would come down. I was worried about the mess and what issues it must've been causing the school to clean it up, as well as ashamed of how bad my project was.

The second box I did was for one of my maternal aunts. I made her a scene of Jesus in a manger for her Christmas present. That one wasn't so good either and I swore I would replace it with something more sturdy next time. Well, now that I've learned a few tricks, and will learn more before the year is out, maybe I can replace it after all. I think that'd be nice.

So much for my misconception that I'm 31 and have never built a dollhouse, eh?

Edited by Bex

• 2 weeks later...

My grandfather worked for a lumber company and had a dollhouse built for me. I was probably about 6. When I visited my grandparents I'd get to play with it - which didn't seem like very often. So on my own I made things for my dollhouse. My favorite was weaving rugs. My mom had a lot of embroidery string, which I'd use. I made a loom out of a soap box. This would keep my occupied for hours.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I was always playing with dolls and minis when I was little. All I had at first was a cardboard box, four dolls, and furniture made from boxes and sponges. It wasn't much but I had fun! I got my first real doll house for my seventh birthday. It had only two rooms and was pretty simple.

• 4 weeks later...

I am just starting my first official dollhouse at age 21 but growing up i spent the majority of my time making Popsicle stick houses and playing with barbies (i spent hours on making their homes and only 5-10 minutes playing before it was time to clean up)

• Like 3