History of Greenleaf/Corona House Designs

Blondie

Does anyone know information about the history of the house designs? We were chatting in the Beacon Hill thread about a house we've seen that looks just like it, and it turned out to be the Disney Phantom Manor: http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guidebook/disneyland-park/frontierland/phantom-manor/

I read that Phantom Manor was opened in 1992, which means the Beacon Hill kit came out BEFORE the Disney ride since the kit was released in the 1980s. This begs the question: Did Disney copy a dollhouse design?? Lol.

Now I'm curious about the BH kit. Did the company base its design off of a real life house? If so, where is it? I'm also curious about all of the other kits now. Does anyone know about them? We can certainly pester Dean about this if none of us can figure it out. ;)

I vaguely recall some company history in a thread in the original Forum; Dean's grandfather started designing and building die-cut dollhouse kits and I thought they were all based on actual houses. When Greenleaf stopped making kits the designs were sold to other companies. When Dean (or whoever) decided to start making dollhouse kits again, Corona Concepts was the name for the new line; and as the other kits came available again they were purchased back and Greenleaf has been rereleasing them.

If I'm off, someone who knows please come in and correct this!

The Westville house was the only house made of a replica close to where the Greenleaf factory resides. All of there designs are based off of real house plans though. This is why most Artisans are drawn to the Greenleaf dollhouse designs. It's because on the outsides & insides, they are like a real life house with nooks and crannies like a real period home from those days (smaller rooms with character) . Not just square rooms (which are much easier to decorate lol). :)

I had a post some years ago and the Westville, the Vineyard Cottage, Beacon Hill, Willowcrest, Jefferson, and the Willow were houses that we found real life houses of. :) I gotta find that thread again. It's one of the main reasons why I developed such a love for the Greenleaf Dollhouses myself. They looked like houses I found in neighborhoods where I grew up at. :D

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I vaguely recall some company history in a thread in the original Forum; Dean's grandfather started designing and building die-cut dollhouse kits and I thought they were all based on actual houses. When Greenleaf stopped making kits the designs were sold to other companies. When Dean (or whoever) decided to start making dollhouse kits again, Corona Concepts was the name for the new line; and as the other kits came available again they were purchased back and Greenleaf has been rereleasing them.

If I'm off, someone who knows please come in and correct this!

Here's the History of Greenleaf. :)

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/about.htm

I love learning about the history of the designs. I know that there real life models are somewhere out there since in the interview I did with Dean I asked about the inspiration for the different designs and he said they were inspired by real life houses in the north east.

• 4 years later...