Hi everybody,

I am Sabrina, currently a New Yorker and a college student (studying history/english/law) on break, who was recently given the Greenleaf Beacon Hill house by her mother. I instantly fell in love with it, however it is in pretty bad shape. I am hoping to do a lot of the work, now that I have the time.

I recently started working on it. It is built, and I started painting it and fixing the broken pieces on the house. Does anybody know how to replace the windows by any chance (if you can that is)?

I look forward to learning from every one and hope this project is equally rewarding as it is stressful. :drool:

P.S. Since I am sorta lost lol any advice is very much appreciated :throb: :D:rolleyes::giggle:

Welcome, Sabrina!

My Beacon Hill is my forever house. There are a lot of us who love the BH as she is lovingly called. And yes, general consensus, she's a she.

There is a topic for BH builders/owners. Beacon Hill Builders Next Generation. Something like that. Join in the conversation there for your best Beacon Hill chat.

After you've made 5 posts you can start an album. We'd love to see photographs of your journey. We'd also be good at helping you remove some building dollhouses stress. In fact, many of us use it to de stress :)

This is a great place. I hope you enjoy it like I do.

Have fun!

Morgan

Hi Sabrina, and welcome to the Greenleaf Family :welcome: I haven't built the BH yet, but it is a popular house around here. Feel free to ask any questions - you'll get lots of help. You'll soon find that miniatures have a way of erasing the stress in our lives. :thumb:

Hi Sabrina and welcome ! The Beacon Hill is at the top of my wish list , a lovely house , can't wait to see what you do with yours. You'll find tons of ideas and inspiration here , and lots of friendly advice . It is a very fun and yes rewarding hobby , also quite addictive. So glad you've joined us and look forward to pictures of your project. :D

Hi Sabrina & welcome, the BH was my first build (took me a year). Fixing the windows...which windows are you trying to fix? There are a few different sizes & styles. Is it the plastic that's broken or the wood?

Welcome to the little family, Sabrina. If you can get the window trims off by gently prying them off with a thin metal blade (putty knife, old table knife) and heat (a blow dryer is useful for this) the acetate inserts can easily be replaced; flat blister packaging or clear plastic report covers are tow sources that come readily to mind. If the trims break you can either glue them back together or make new ones (like I'm doing for the Pierce I'm rehabbing that was originally built with hot glue).

• Like 1

Welcome Sabrina. I haven't done one of these yet. I'm still working on a different one but these folks are AMAZING when it comes to giving tips and ideas. Just listen to them because they are brilliant! I've learned quite a bit about miniatures and dh workings. They will help get you through this, if you give them the chance!

~morning