may all of you be blessed enough not to have to go near a store today!

me-barbie

We did our last bit of shopping (for groceries) yesterday. At our house we usually opened gifts from relatives on Christmas eve, as they came over for a traditional fried perch supper. Our presents from mom and dad and Santa were opened Christmas morning. This year we won't be opening any, as our gifts to each other are hanging in a couple of art shows around town. :D

Planned ahead so we didn't have to visit any stores until Thursday at the very earliest. Anything else we 'need' will have to wait (lol). So far, we seem to be set though.

We also open one gift on Christmas eve which started when my kids were little. Its one tradition we all look forward to even if there are only a few gifts under the tree. But we wait until after supper and everything's cleaned up.

Actually, I did go to the store today. The hardware store had no line, but the clerk pointed out a better deal than the car snow shovel I had in my hand, and 3 people showed up when I turned to check out the better deal shovel set and I wound up in a short line after all.

The bakery had a short line (gave me time to browse the cases) the bookstore had almost no line, and at the supermarket I found a checker with no line at all. Not bad, huh?

I came home, had a cup of tea, a pastry and read a chapter - nice :wave:

• Like 3

No.. No stores for me today. Did that yesterday. If anyone needs anything today it will be the Beloved, and the boychild going out, not I.. Going to be working on the dh, and hanging out here today. Since I didn't get to do much yesterday. :D

Won't be messing around in the stores at all until after the first of the year, if I can help it. LOL

<3

~morning

• Like 1

No stores for me until at least Boxing Day, when we go back to the grocery to replace what got used up either eating or preparing tomorrow's food. DH & I stopped exchanging gifts shortly before we retired, and give each other one biggie for the house. This year it's the workshop. We don't exchange with the older boys, since they aren't here and the last time I sent a gift through the mail it was destroyed by the USPS. DS#1 had hinted they might get within hollering distance between late summer and after Thanksgiving, so I whipped up a pile of gifts for the grands and the great-g (whom we still have not met, and I think he's three or four by now); but that fell through... We have DS#3's gift ready to give him in the AM.

• Like 1

we stopped with the gift exchanging thing when oldest daughter moved out. We decided it was not important enough to either of us to continue with the tradition. We were only doing it for her. My son doesn't celebrate Christmas either. We will do necessary food shopping and whatever else is necessary and nothing more, between now and payday... Come payday, rent/necessities. And life will move forward. :) It is how we do things. It just makes sense.

Have a safe and wonderful day tomorrow!

~morning

• Like 1

No stores for me today or tomorrow - if we don't have it we don't need it! But I did go out last night to the Mall. Our BPW (Business & Professional Women) group works in the Mall at Christmas time wrapping gifts for the last minute shoppers - and they are legion! We don't charge anything, but we have a donation box for any contributions people care to give, and that money goes towards funding 2 scholarships we give every year; one to a high school senior entering college, and one to a mature women returning to school. Most people are quite generous, all are harried and exhausted and very thankful for the help. We enjoy doing it. I had planned on running a couple errands on my way to the Mall - bank, post office, and grocery store. Silly me! :doh: It took me 20 minutes to go the 1.5 miles from the freeway exit to the Mall! Errands had to be run later! And then I had flashbacks of Fried Green Tomatoes (movie) where Kathy Bates lost it in the parking lot. I saw a place that wasn't too terribly far from the door, waited patiently with my blinker on for the person to pull out, had to back up a smidgeon so he could line up properly - and a car on the other side whipped into the spot! Tawanda!! But I graciously :eek: moved onto the next spot that was vacating, almost hitting the exiting car so no one else could jump into that spot, too!

Got the errands finished on the way home, and today and tomorrow I am NOT leaving the house!

:xmas_tree: MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL :xmas:

• Like 1