Guess What I Got For Christmas!! ??

mininecessities

I am ecstatic!! My son Ryan got me the Granville by Artply in an unopened box. I don't think it has been opened......I need to check it out better soon. I about had a heart attack. I was so happy. that boy knows what momma wants that is for sure!!

It is the Granville by Artply Model 510. It doesnt say if it has shingles in it like the boxes I have found on the internet........

Havent been on the forum but anxious to check it all out and see what some of you folks got for xmas!

anyway i am one happy lady! so need to change my signature lol

Anyone know anything about this house or where to find pics of it? Thanks!

Cheryl

• Like 8

Congratulations,Cheryl!This is a link that is mostly just interior photos of a house the person used to own,but I thought it was interesting.That is one nice,big house! You raised that boy right! :D

http://www.nanasminis.com/grandville.html

Google 'Granville by Artply Dollhouse'-I think there may be some more and there's something on Pinterest,too.

Edited by kat57
  • Like 2

I'm sorry. My last response sounded a bit self-centered. I'm just really excited about it. I'm working on the Garfield right now. I thought it was interesting that you are as well. I think it's cool that you'll be building another house when you're done with the Garfield, and one as complex as the Grandville. I'd take a break and work on something a lil' simpler myself.. :D but that's just me. :D I can't wait to see the finished results. :D

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

~morning

• Like 1

Congrats! That's a beautiful house. I have one already built and decorated that I will rehab one day. The lady that built it has passed, and her son wanted someone to have it that would appreciate it, and I do!

Once you start building it, if you need any close pictures, let me know, I'll be happy to help as I can!

• Like 2

I'm almost envious of the one that's finished. *almost* When I get mine done, I'll know that I can be happy that it's completed, and I'll probably sit back and fuss over how I should've done this, or shouldn't have done that, or maybe changed this or that.. Or maybe I'll be happy with it the way it is when it IS finished. Either way, MiniNecessities, I'm sure you'll have fun with both dollhouses. :D The new one you just got, is it Granville or Grandville? I have seen it posted both ways..

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

~morning

I'm almost envious of the one that's finished. *almost* When I get mine done, I'll know that I can be happy that it's completed, and I'll probably sit back and fuss over how I should've done this, or shouldn't have done that, or maybe changed this or that...

That's one of my arguments for taking all the time the house wants, and stopping to smell the flowers while waiting on it to tell you what it wants and how to do it.

• Like 1

Congratulations! While watching "It's a Wonderful Life" I mentioned that there was actually a dollhouse modeled after the Granville House in the movie.....hubby was like, "Really!?" Apparently I have to be more direct in my hints..... :bigwink:

Will look forward to see your progress!

• Like 3

What a beautiful house, Cheryl, and what a project you are undertaking! You'll be in a dream world all the while, enjoying every minute of it! Please keep us posted on your progress with photos -- we all love seeing a house grow!