New member intro from Tennessee

aagrissom

Hi all, just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I put together my first dollhouse at the age of 12 or so. Then, attempted to build another in my late twenties but 3 kids and work interfered. I recently got the itch again and am so glad I am making another attempt. My current project is the The Willow. A week and a half into the build, I am very pleased with my progress. I hope to share the photo timeline very soon. Thanks!

• Like 5

Hi Angie and welcome to the group !! :welcome: This is a fun site with all sorts of ideas, inspiration and lots of friendly advice. I look forward to seeing your Willow come to life and so glad you've joined us !!

Welcome, Angie. I, too, have a WILLOW!

I bought it already assembled on UK eBay from a lovely family doctor whose daughter now felt too 'grown up' (she is 20!) to take any further interest in it. When I saw the pic for the first time I literally said WOW! The daughter encouraged the doctor Dad to put the house on eBay so another doll's house enthusiast could buy it and restore it to glory LOL. And I, gentle readers, became The Chosen One.

The seller had no clue what the house was called, nor the make but he said it was either American or Canadian. I suspected Greenleaf or Corona and when I came here to check I found that I was correct. I love the WILLOW. Mine needs ungluing/regluing and lots of other remedial work but nothing so drastic that I fear to have a go. The nice doctor apologised to me for the poor state of the house, bless him. He said he was no craftsman but had done the best he could! I was surprised at the size of the WILLOW.

I was even more surprised by the size of the next house I bought on eBay - an Artply WORTHINGTON. Yes, indeed, I was out of control. I freely admit it. And boy have I paid for my self-indulgence. Not just in terms of over-spending but also in terms of a forced and thorough re-working of my tiny store-room. So many houses, so little space!

But working on these houses will provide endless pleasure, diversion and challenge.

I wish you the very best of luck with your WILLOW. Do let us know how you get on. I hope to keep in touch and let you and other members know how I am progressing with my overload of projects!

Edited by elfprincess

Moonberry, your dream build is very specific. Is that a real thing?

Lol, there's another post by Mike about what style dollhouse you would like and I just threw that idea in there:

I actually wanted to build a mermaid's underwater cave/home when I was a teenager, but lacked the carpentry skills to create it. It would be a number of different underwater cave rooms with no stairs of course.

I would LOVE an underwater city! Atlantis was one of my favourite stories as a child, and Captain Nemo also inspired me.

So maybe a steampunk overhauled medieval underwater city with a matching submarine! Now, THAT would be a sight to behold!!!

I think I must start collecting watch parts and copper tape - I haven't tried anything in steampunk style, but have a few books and love that you can use polymer clay as well.

Welcome, Angie! The Willow is a great open slate of a house, and there are a few examples on this forum that I can think of: my "stone" Willow here http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=blog&blogid=82&cat=7, kellyannmo's fab little half-scale Willow here http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&album=5560, and Stenty's wonderful farmhouse here http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&album=1548. Looking forward to seeing your build! :bear:

• Like 1