Miniatures.com 2014 creating contest kit online

Dang that coupon!!! I blame Jane too and well that and HELLO the idea I have ohhhhhh now i need to find______ & __________ and maybe a extra bottle of tacky glue! Oh yes! Now please mr. post man...Fly.........

• Like 1

Dang that coupon!!! I blame Jane too and well that and HELLO the idea I have ohhhhhh now i need to find______ & __________ and maybe a extra bottle of tacky glue! Oh yes! Now please mr. post man...Fly.........

Dang that coupon!!!..then you send the coupon to me..and now we get to throw things at the wall and swear about the _____ not fitting next to the _____..

Man I am gonna need a whole lotta ________ :bangin: for this thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Dang that coupon!!!..then you send the coupon to me..and now we get to throw things at the wall and swear about the _____ not fitting next to the _____..

Man I am gonna need a whole lotta ________ :bangin: for this thing.

Just remember to share the other coupons for the _____ :bangin: . Already been working on mine, but I got what 5ish months before GL posts their new contest idea then....OMG sooo many kits and soo little time awake! lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am very excited about this, I got a GREAT idea. I think I'm bashing it too much to be anything but a "thanks for participating" gift receiver. But this is something I REALLY want to do. Trying to figure out whether to take advantage of the free shipping going on now, or wait for the Spring catalog discounts. Hm...

Anyone know the interior measurements (after taking the walls into account)? This is going to be a bizarre build, if it works. I know people don't share their ideas until the very end, but here is a major hint (for all those of you who know I love to work in different scales) The outside is going to be 1:5 scale and the inside is going to be 1:24 or so scale!! :D I know, sounds implausible, but when you see the end result, you'll go Oh yeah, of course (especially if you're a Whovian). And if you ARE a Whovian, you know exactly what I'm building now. If you aren't, well, you'll just have to wait. :)

• Like 8

Thanks, Stacey, that helps since I can pretty much build the inside without the walls. Guess that was a pretty easy clue, eh? Heh heh, it should be cool if it turns out. The tiny inside is going to be the hard part... And the outside, well Sable, I'm just not sure yet on the color <GRIN>

My daughter has a t-shirt from ThinkGeek that makes sounds and you can program your own, that's a brilliant idea to not only light everything, but add the sound effect, Holly! If it doesn't work, I'll just say the brakes are functioning properly :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've taken the plunge and ordered the kit. As I write this, it is basking in the sun at the USPS sorting facility in Florida. Mail being what it is between the US and Canada, I'm sure it will be a couple more weeks before I see it. I'd like to do some pre-planning and the online description states it is 11 7/8" wide and 12 1/8" deep. I'm not sure which side they are calling wide and which side they are calling deep. Can someone help me out with these measurements please?

• Like 1

I'm debating on this one too since we haven't heard anything about a GL Spring Fling contest yet. A contest helps to force me to do something since I have a deadline. Otherwise it's was too easy to procrastinate. Not sure whether Twinkle is up for a contest or not this year. She really stressed out over last years SF.

I can't say for sure, someone else will have to confirm it, but I think the depth measurement is usually from front to back - as in the open side being the back.

Selkie,

Deadlines really help some of us with ADD. In fact, they are positive. I NEED the deadline, for sure.

Twinkle, please listen to me. You did a FANTASTIC job last year. So did a lot of people. Please, don't get in the habit of caring who wins. Get in the habit of knowing you are GREAT, no matter what. The members of this forum deserve to watch you blossom. Based on last years entry, we can only imagine what's next. I really hope you see that you should be in these contests. You're good. Really good.

Ok, off my Mama Soapbox now :)

• Like 3

Considering how many entries there are in each contest, the limited number of prizes, and how fantastically good all the entries are that don't win prizes, Twinkle has nothing to feel ashamed of or embarrassed about.

She loves her build, but it was just a lot for a young lady to attempt and complete and have the deadline. She is a very slow and meticulous worker so it was a stressful for her but she loved doing it all and was thrilled to see/hear all the lovely comments everyone had for her work. She just hasn't decided if she's up for it all yet.

I sure wish I could know, before the 40% coupon expires, if there was going to be a GL SF or not. I'd much rather do that one than the HBS one. sigh ..... Come on GL - let us know please - pretty please with sandpaper on top (or whatever you like best - on top).

• Like 1

after a lot of debate I ordered my Creatin' contest kit last night with my 40% off coupon :) I wasn't sure what I'd do with it, but an idea popped into my head and just couldn't be ignored, since this would be my 3rd dollhouse (if I finish my Orchid and Primrose first) I'll be thrilled if it's finished in time! Decembers a long way away, but I've got an insanely busy summer and will be moving too.

I am going to check out this contest. Good luck to all of you who entered or are considering entering. Please share this experience with the rest of us.

For sure. I know the Creatin' Contest is talked about here every year but I too would love to hear more. That is my favorite part of the Spring Fling. The conversation on this forum.