Looking for Skilcraft Victorian Manor with Coach House

Phoenix71

Hi everyone. I'm still looking for the Skilcraft Victorian Manor with Coach House, circa 1979. My parents originally purchased this dollhouse for me at Sears in Oregon, but I haven't been able to find any in kit on eBay, Craigslist, Amazon, vintage and antique stores; I just missed one sold off Craigslist in Long Island in November.

Here is a picture with some related facts: http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-skil-craft-victorian-manor-429438549 (You do not need to be a member to view this website).

Anyhow...I am happy to pay for the kit and shipping or if you see it in your treasure travels, please PM me. I'm in Seattle, WA...also looking for a miniature group to join in the area if you know of any. So far I have only located groups south of Seattle or in Eastern WA. Too far to drive :(

Here is a picture link or see attached file with some related facts:

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-skil-craft-victorian-manor-429438549 (You do not need to be a member to view this website).

Thank you for reading and happy dollhousing!

post-47513-0-24479200-1390672262_thumb.j

If I see a house like that, I will surely contact you, as you don't see many dollhouses with a coach house. - Happy hunting, and I hope you are successful in your efforts. I am thinking there has to be one out there somewhere.

Rackey - Maureen, Thank you! :salute: I truly appreciate it. Since Skilcraft has gone out of business, these are definitely few and far between. I have noticed though that the few house I have seen of theirs tend to be a variation of this - so bashing may be in order at some point!

I saw one of their houses on eBay for an exorbitant price, vintage or not, that was the same but did NOT include the coach house! Very interesting. If it does not turn up, I have the Greenleaf Willow in the wings, which is fairly close :)

Have a great day! Christie

Actually the windows appear to be attached (very poorly) with staples, too. I don't understand why someone would bother to spend the money for a kit like that and then do such terrible, sloppy things to it! I couldn't afford the USD$120 they want for both houses AND all the stuff I'd need to get to undo all that mess and do it over properly. No wonder they're trying to get rid of it! What a shame.

I had all the same thoughts y'all had,then felt mean for thinking it,as they may actually think they did a really wonderful job! :( Somebody with the extra $ seriously needs to rescue the poor things!

And,yikes,that $120.00 is just a starting bid! Oh,my....

Edited by kat57

Kat57, HavanaHolly,

Thank you for seeing what I could not post...I almost cried when I saw it! It would be a challenging rehab but at $120 plus shipping I will wait. I thank you for forwarding it to me though. I saw it a few weeks ago and thought it a terrible joke. I showed it to my husband and he laughed saying that is how he would have done it (and he is NOT kidding)...we just have TOTALLY different ideas about what finish carpentry means...I won't even tell you about the workbench he built in the garage one day out of the most hideous blue spray painted plywood ever. We have a good laugh about it now!

Thank you, ladies. Thank you for sharing in the travesty :-)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...