Abriana Cottage

WyckedWood

Just saw the new Abriana kit in 1:24 from laserdollhousedesigns....swooning!! I messaged and asked about 1:12, he said by this weekend 1:12 will be available. Fantastic looking house. Sorry I'm on my phone and couldn't post a link but check eBay.

• Like 1

I agree, this designer is a rock star in my book! And I love how they keep the ideas coming with new designs every few months. I have yet to purchase one, Id like to hear how well they go together.

• Like 1

Maybe because they use so much delicate looking laser trim, but to me, the designs from this company seem to be geared more toward the adult collector/builder and less toward something you would build for a child. Which is a nice change imo

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Wow that house is just gorgeous! Oh, the fun you're gonna have making it even more beautiful x

UPDATE:

Just checked eBay (only checking, mind!) and found this listing.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Abriana-Large-Country-Cottage-1-12-Scale-Dollhouse-/181326562002

Thank heavens it's located in the USA,and the postage costs alone so scary LOL.

The laser work is gorgeous, and I love the wrap around porch. But ... it seems to be a lot of house on the outside but only 2 rooms + an attic inside. Not sure how I'd approach finishing one like this.

I agree with you all, gorgeous house. Though My first thought when I saw 2 floors and an attic was 'there's only 3 rooms'.

The house is adorable, but Kathie is right, finishing it might be a challenge (for those of us who 'need' certain rooms in our builds). I think it's Stacey who keeps saying she has OCD. When it comes to certain rooms/areas in my builds, I think I have OCD, too. :D For some the 'invisible' room might work, but I have a hard time getting beyond having no bathroom. I can see the 3 floors of this house being Kitchen, Livingroom and bedroom, but gotta have that bathroom.

It IS a gorgeous house though and love that laser trim and the lovely wrap-around porch. I can just imagine cool summer evenings sitting there on a porch swing.

I guess it could be bashed larger...

To bash it larger would, I think, mean sacrificing part of the porch. I think the symmetry of the porch is a big part of what makes this build so special.

The company is here in Virginia Beach and I hope to visit them when I'm allowed to drive (and walk!) again. I would love to see some of these houses in person!

BTW, there was a call for experienced builders a little while ago so that the company would have pics of a variety of finished houses... I think it involved a 30% discount.

I was thinking of three more rooms that could be butted to the back.

I think I'd be more inclined to assume the old girl had been renovated and repurposed very recently. The gorgeous exterior could remain as is, but each level could become an oh-so-trendy micro apartment -- the kind that squeezes eight rooms into a 120 square foot space by using multiple convertible elements, with the elements defining one room at a time, of course. Could be an interesting challenge. :D

• Like 1

I think I'd be more inclined to assume the old girl had been renovated and repurposed very recently. The gorgeous exterior could remain as is, but each level could become an oh-so-trendy micro apartment -- the kind that squeezes eight rooms into a 120 square foot space by using multiple convertible elements, with the elements defining one room at a time, of course. Could be an interesting challenge. :D

Oh, now that's a thought! Designing the furniture and building it would be almost as much fun as building the house! I remember living in a one room apartment over a Chinese restaurant in Kailua, HI; the "kitchen" had a cooktop and oven between the sink and the micro-fridge.

I didn't buy this house because of the very issues you all noticed as well...not enough internal detail/rooms. I think it would make a neat shop maybe? Its a shame because the outside is a dream, I love that porch and roofline. I went with the Jasmine Cottage instead (by same seller).