Half Scale Buttercup

I shall join you! I'm starting my half scale Buttercup conversion to a half scale Orchid this weekend! I thought I'd work on it while I'm working on the lighthouse.

Mine is supposed to be a mouse house. I haven't thought of a name yet, but stay turned.... I'm thinking of a board and batten exterior. Maybe paint it Americana Buttermilk, which looks white, like every other house I do :rofl:

• Like 3

My half scale Buttercup is a mouse house too :) Wish I could upload pics from my phone. I'd love to play. My house is almost done inside but the outside is waiting for me to make a decision. Board and batten, shingles or stone. Whichever way it will be oooooold looking. I hope :) So far, it is a greyish blue, antique pink and antique white.

• Like 2

I got a half scale Buttercup. My plan is to make it into Luna Lair, which will be a home for a crabby, old owl. I'm planning to dry fit sometime this weekend. Anyone want to play?

Hoot!

You don't need to put in the second floor, you could just lay a few dowels across at a reasonable ceiling height for your crabby old owl to perch on. Major cute idea.

• Like 3

I got a half scale Buttercup. My plan is to make it into Luna Lair, which will be a home for a crabby, old owl. I'm planning to dry fit sometime this weekend. Anyone want to play?

Hoot!

Blondie, I don't give a hoot what you do with this house! - Sorry, I couldn't resist. I would love to play. Please run the pictures by us as soon as possible.

• Like 2

My half scale Buttercup is a mouse house too :) Wish I could upload pics from my phone. I'd love to play. My house is almost done inside but the outside is waiting for me to make a decision. Board and batten, shingles or stone. Whichever way it will be oooooold looking. I hope :) So far, it is a greyish blue, antique pink and antique white.

My first dollhouse was a mouse house. It was one of those plastic portable things that close up for easy transport, and it was very popular at the time. I love the idea of a mouse house and I have a mouse house now that is a roombox. Every mouse house I saw was adorable, so I can't wait to see yours, Morgan.

• Like 1

He's just adorable! I've planned an owl theme for my soon to be started Orchid-the (human male) 'resident' is a nature writer and loves owls. So I'll be watching this one very closely!!(Of,course,I watch all your wonderful projects closely,Blondie!:))

• Like 1

Trust me, Ollie will NEVER smile. He's very crotchety. Bahahaha!!

I did the dry fit tonight. I had to do a little tab sanding on the front door side areas, but now the main body is together. My camera battery is charging, so I'll post pix tomorrow.

Kat, will you have an owl bed for your human? I'm going to make Ollie a real bed, but then put a nest where the mattress would be. Lol. ;) My father told me I need to leave him a space to hork up his pellets. That might be going a bit far...

I loooooove this wee house!

• Like 2

Blondie,I want to do a bed frame similar to this real size one,and I think a 'stuffed' owl perched on the 'head board' rail might be cool!! (My linens will be much better looking than these!)

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/428686458252583484/

No owl pellets for my build!LOL The nest in the bed sounds great!

Debora, I love your bash!!

• Like 2

I am on the watch for owls everywhere now. I don't have a printer,so internet sourcing is out,but I am going to go through all my old National Geographics to get photos to frame. At Cracker Barrel yesterday,I saw owls everywhere in the gift shop-not anything dollhouse tiny,but, wow! What a fun coincidence!:) I did get one very small 99 cent salt shaker that could be a large table base or statue in a corner. I haven't started my Orchid yet,but am gathering all I can for it first. Didn't mean to hog this topic,Blondie,but couldn't believe you are doing an owl house-Fun,fun,fun!:)