Cat Tales--Stories of our furbabies

Deb

George hates Bleu LOL When he has been in the house in the past when he belonged to Lori, George only saw BACON I think, hated when the kids got close to it. Yep George still holds onto that tug toy. He and the GS have battles over George's toys. Bleu does have a dog house to live in, a nice one but he chosen to stay in one that is about dilapidate.

• Like 1

I still have several cats. I still have Oliver, Bella, Pepper and now Baby Sam in the house. Of course, Sam is getting close to a year old now so he's not much of a baby anymore.

• Like 1

I still have several cats. I still have Oliver, Bella, Pepper and now Baby Sam in the house. Of course, Sam is getting close to a year old now so he's not much of a baby anymore.

Do you still get the drop-in cats?

Oliver. Oliver??? Help my memory out here. Is Oliver the sweet little rescue baby you had who stole my heart years ago? Am I right that Bella is his sister? Oh Linda, give Oliver ear scritches for me! He was such a darling kitten. Do you have a recent picture of them?

It's great to see so many pictures of the silent, furry members of our family. Heidi, your crowd is looking excellent these days! I'm sure that Perl will be glad when winter is over and she doesn't have to wear sweaters anymore. Deana, what do you have in your zoo these days?

Deb

• Like 1

I have very few pets now. I have 5 parrots. 3 dogs. 2 cats. 2 55 gallon fish tanks and the ponds in the back. At work I have 10 water turtles and 7 big catfish (as in over 3 feet long) and 2 huge aquariums, oh and a stingray. Most everything was rehomed when the doctors said I was going to die.

• Like 1

*no Dee is not Frankenstein*

Are you sure? Coz we've never seen them together ya know. <ducking and running> :boomer: Ow. Okay, not only is she alive, but she's got a good throwing arm too!!!!! hehehehehehehehe Aw Deana, I'm just glad that you're here so I can give you a hard time. You really scared us and every time I see your avatar I say a silent thank you that you're okay. You're also a huge inspiration for me about getting better. Oh, and that's still a pretty good zoo you have going there! The turtles fascinate me.

Deb

• Like 1

We rescue difficult to home cats nobody else wants. Our last four feral cats have now died of old age - they lived to almost 20 and they are all buried in my garden. I like to go and talk to them.

The current three are Smoky the British long hair, he is nota rescue, I had him from a friends 'surprise" litter. He is a dominant bossy character and absolutely enormous. He is a grey and white 'destroyer of toilet rolls'.

The other two are black and white shelter cats. Black and white cats are not popular over here and always the last to leave the shelter. Bluebell started off as a city feral cat from London, she had been badly abused and had her nose broken. She had been through a variety of rehomings all failures as she likes to pee on furniture and had a tendency to bite people down to the bone. She is a big solid cat and can really do some damage when she wants to, she is not safe to be with children.

I've had her for about 7 years now and she is fine, she has to be kept away from visitors though as she will bite them. She is Smokys best friends and they love cuddling on their sofa in the dining room/kitchen. We have a big garden and we're out in the countryside so she likes to go out and chill in the sun.

Willow our latest is a black and white, no idea what happened to her but she is a shelter long stay cat, does not like to be petted and bites, she looked to me to be feral but was apparently bought in by a woman who said she couldn't cope with her. She doesn't like other cats so she lives in the front of the house and the others live in the back - there is a glass door separating them all.

She is happy enough, she just likes being left alone and allowed to do her own thing outside. Ocasionally she will come over and give us a big head rub but after three years I have given up trying to integrate her with the other two, it is not happening.

i love them all though.

• Like 1

Max and Harley (harlequin-colored), from local shelters. They've been my owners for, oh, the past ten years plus or minus. They don't actually spend all that much time outside, preferring to sit in the easy chairs (padded with blankets, please!) and watch telly.

post-928-0-31743300-1396100652_thumb.jpgpost-928-0-69100800-1396100665_thumb.jpg

Maxie is a momma's boy, and when I put my feet up in my easy chair that's his cue to jump up and sit on my lap (okay, "sit on me" is a more accurate description). The last time I went shopping for an easy chair, I told the salesman that the chair had to be robust enough so that when my 100-lb (plus or minus) bully dog jumped on the leg extension, the chair wouldn't tip over.

He gave me one of those looks! But my new chair works pretty well in that regard. Max can still tip it over but not as easily. :p

And these two do love the easy chairs, especially "mine"; they'll vacate the chair with sufficient prodding, but v-e-e-r-r-r-r-r-r-y slowly as if to say "I'm getting down because I want to, not because you told me to!" :lol:

• Like 3

<chuckling> I know that look well, except with my cats, they very definitely tell me that they're only moving because I'm a horrible person with no respect for their right to nap anywhere they choose. They do guilt trips well.

I'm still laughing at the boys after they saw their first lizard yesterday. There's a roof overhang above the garage door and just under my studio and sewing room windows where the boys like to lay and watch the birds outside. The roof is tile and it's almost level with the window so if birds land on it, they're only inches away from the cats who get reeeeeeeeeeally miffed about whoever invented glass. Frankie still thinks he can dig thru glass if he tries hard enough. The doves have figured out that the boys can't get them so they just ignore the cats which upsets them terribly.

But yesterday there was something new on the roof......two small lizards sunning themselves. Frankie saw them first and immediately yelled for Deano to come look. They were nose-to-nose at the window, staring intently at the lizards and soooooooooooo confused. When did sticks get feet? And how did they get on the roof without wings? They aren't bugs and they aren't birds but they certainly look as if they'd be spectacular cat toys if they could only get their paws on them.

Deb

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We have a cat called Hermione (not after Harry Potter, the breeder had named her Bramblewood Hermione so we stuck with Hermione). She's a Bengal cat so can be friendly one minute and suddenly lash out in annoyance the other.

She thinks the world revolves around mum. She needs to know what's going on and checks everything out, loves to sleep and hates suitcases.

I could talk about my fur baby for ages.

post-58335-0-49956800-1397943746_thumb.j

post-58335-0-31573000-1397944062_thumb.j

post-58335-0-05188900-1397944074_thumb.j

Since I am on a 'no pets' lease I can no longer have cats,inside or outside(since the porch babies tore up the a/c duct to the outside unit a few weeks back-yikes!) and it is so lonesome without them around.

Since I am on a 'no pets' lease I can no longer have cats,inside or outside(since the porch babies tore up the a/c duct to the outside unit a few weeks back-yikes!) and it is so lonesome without them around.

I am so sorry Kat. Thats horrible that the landlord dont let you have the cats anymore. :(

No.no,it wasn't right of us to start with. I knew we couldn't have them inside and so we encouraged a stray female cat to stay around outside. Next thing you know,there were 8 to 9 of them hanging around! I do love cats,but I also know that rules should not be broken. I love my little home here so much and so I will just enjoy my relatives' cats when I visit them. I got to spend time with my brother's outside cat today-he's a large reddish orange tabby (Called 'Red',of course!) with the most awesome light blue green eyes I ever saw! At one point my 12 year old niece was just touching his back foot and he got bothered by it and swatted her hand away like he was swishing away an annoying fly (No claws out),while I was stroking his head. It was just so funny to us. Like,please,don't bother me right now! My sister brought her dogs(ugh!) and Red had his back way up and glared a hole in them until they moved off 'his' porch!LOL

• Like 1

Oh I thought before you were aloud to have them and than they broke something and you had to get rid of them. Of course you want to keep your home. Your niece was lucky that red is not like my wicked cause he hates his paws and legs being touched and he swats with claws. :eek: Yep they let you know what and who they like, always! Haha the dogs were being told where their places are too funny. ;-)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got to tell you about my crazy jealous cat. We have a little birdhouse in the yard. Since quiet a few weeks we have a a pair of bluetit they build a nest for their fledglings. You can see the little birdhouse real well from the livingroom window. Wicked watched them for weeks but lost interest I guess he knows he cant get to them. Since yesterday I noticed the fledglings come to the entrance of the birdhouse and I can see them get feed. It is an awesome show watching them little ones and my goodness do they eat. lol This late morning I was watching them babies again and Wicked sat right next to me looking at me but I kind of ignored him. OMG he just lost it he hissed at those birds like crazy even his ears were glued to his head. :ohmy: As I walked away he stoped and was his little self

( nice would be to much to say lol) so I went back to the window and he startet hissing again. That tells me he is jealous and I am supose to just be there for him. So now I am not quiet sure if its me or the cat thats crazy but I am sneaking a peek whenever he is not in the room or I think he is sleeping. I mean I am sneaking around in my house. :eek: Or is it his house? :ohyeah: Cats are different :excl:

• 5 weeks later...

So many sweet furbabies!

I've had multiple pets, mostly hamsters, a few cats, a dog named Pooch (we're not a terribly inventive family), and a horse, Gloria.

Right now though I am the lowly servant of Her Majesty the Queen of Sheba! She's quite the martial artist.

IMG_87145_1.jpg

Tod, that just made me literally laugh out loud.........a good, deep laugh, not just a chuckle. I had to scroll up to hide the picture from the cat in my lap coz if he sees a kitty in a gee, he's gonna want one too. The next thing I know he'd be breaking into Bruce's stash of stars and, well, things could get dangerous after that. Thanks for posting such a cute picture of your sweet Sheba. She's a beauty! How old is she?