Bill Lankford dollhouse (half scale)

fov

That looks to me like a Bill Lankford workshop project. I wonder if it will come with any paperwork about it's background? It's so pretty. 

Turns out you're right! I thought it was Bauder Pine because one of the eBay auctions said so, but today I stumbled across the Spring 1994 issue of Miniature Collector, which has this house on the cover, and it is credited to Bill Lankford. I'm going to email him and see if I can find out more.

(A year later, I still haven't done anything with mine...)

Heard back from Bill Lankford, and it is one of his, not a Bauder Pine! Here's what he said:

Yes, the house you bought is one of my pieces "A Place for All Seasons."  This was a class project taught at the Philadelphia Miniaturia Show, sponsored by Pat Bauder.  However, the piece was totally mine and not done in collaboration with her or with Bauder Pine.  The house was an exterior only plus landscaping project.....the interior was not finished in class.  It came with two bases, a spring/summer and a winter.  The house was not attached to the base so that you could change out bases for the different seasons, hence the name "A Place for All Seasons."

I'm so glad to know what this house really is... and glad I found out before I posted anything about it on my blog for posterity. That could have been embarrassing. :o

Speaking of which, maybe I should finally get to work on this house...

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

I just bought another Bill Lankford half scale dollhouse on eBay, that's similar to the Place for All Seasons. This one is fully enclosed, with has a thatched roof that lifts off. (I still haven't done anything with the first house yet except collect a bunch of furniture for it...)

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.db76bb7ba25d6ca573ac1d

s-l1600b.thumb.jpg.93d3f6d1936465bf6e3da

s-l1600c.thumb.jpg.4037d36c1811af4008bf8

• Like 1

The "new to me" Bill Lankford house shipped today, I'm supposed to get it on Thursday. The seller told me it belonged to a woman who died last fall at age 88. She signed and dated the house on the bottom, she made it in a class in 1993. I'm excited to see the two houses side by side.

• Like 2

The cottage has arrived! It got kind of banged up in shipping and a lot of the landscaping is destroyed, but I'll be redoing that anyway. The house is permanently attached to the base.

thatch01.jpg

I really like the idea of detachable seasonal bases...I may try that for my 1/4th scale house. How clever of Mr. Lankford. Also cool you tracked him down and got info. I love his interesting/crooked floor plans.

• Like 1