Diving back into the miniature world.

Jennifer, thanks for the photo, I had forgotten I'd seen it in your gallery. Obviously it planted itself in my imagination and only popped out when I saw your mom's photo again hehehehehe.

How do I keep it all straight? It helps that I have a finally have a room just for dollhouse building. So I can leave the houses lying about until I'm ready for the next stages. I have the same attention span as Casey says she has (on her blog, http://caseymini.blogspot.com.es/) - basically like a 6 year old. What is fun now, might only be fun again next week - so I can easily jump from hobby to hobby in a matter of hours hehehehehe. :bounce:

Also, my girls are still young and I have 3 school runs every day with two different pick-up times. My time is totally shattered into little chunks, so I take what I can get and make the most of it.

Susan, it is such a space-saver - I can already picture a few Les Shoppes in a row, some decorated like a brownstone, as Holly said, and some as shops. Then if I want to see inside, I can easily get to it AND if they are touching each other, it will help minimize dust getting in. Plus, if I can build it in 1/8th inch plywood, it will be very light too.

The Street of Shops is a nice idea, but since they are mostly single level, you don't get much vertical space for your money. I may not always have a room just for dollhouses, so I have to be practical about my investments.

• Like 1

Hi Susan, welcome to the forum! :chat:

Will you & Jennifer ever do a team build? :hug:

Thanks Mike. A team build, as in the same room, at the same time, working on the same project? Could be very interesting. I do however, think a joint project in the future would be fun.

• Like 2

We have talked about doing a build-off, with the two Woodcraft Fantasy Villa Puzzle Houses we have.

But building together might be fun, too. Unfortunately, we live too far away from each other to be able to meet with any real regularity (it's about an hour drive), and when we are in the same place at the same time, there tend to be babies that need grandma cuddles...

All that said, I'll likely still enlist my mom to make little things for my houses, and she still consults me with design issues and choices.

• Like 2