3-D (CNC) Competition: Call to Artists

The New Orleans Museum of Art together with The Idea Village are issuing a call for artists to share their 3D printed designs to be included in New Orleans Entrepreneur Week’s inaugural 3D Printed Design Contest. Since New Orleans is an incubator for creativity, and early adopters are making both practical and artistic use of new printing technologies, this contest aims to encourage new forms of production of artwork made possible by 21st-century methods of computer-assisted digital fabrication.

More information

The winning entries will be 3D printed (or CNC) objects that step beyond practical applications into the realm of creative expression. Upon screening submissions for appropriate content, physical works will start being accepted beginning on Monday, March 24, at Gallier Hall for display.

If anyone here is interested in participating, I'd be happy to receive your entry by mail and carry it to Gallier Hall for you. :)

I PM'd Mike. Seems to me there are one or two others who mentioned they were experimenting with 3-D printing. Anyone recall who they might be?