Have you ever done something you shouldn't share?

Rocketlily

This morning, while trying to work on a deck for my miniature house, I did something I probably shouldn't share, but it was too funny.

Starting at the beginning, yesterday I was using a bottle of white glue (300 ml or 10 oz), a reasonable size for my hands. This bottle is probably a few years old and a little thick, making it miserable to work with. I cleaned the cap, but it was still not working right this morning so I figured it's just been around too long. I have a little empty tube that would be just the right size and a big bottle (950 ml or 32 oz) of Elmer's I could use to fill up the little bottle. I have no idea how old the big bottle is, so I opened the cap and found it still had the seal on it. I thought I would give the bottle a little squeeze to see how pliable the glue was and oh my goodness, the seal popped off and the glue came oozing out all over. It was running over the bottle, like it's been under pressure for years and of course I didn't want to get it on the deck I was working on, so it ended up on the pants I was wearing. I figure at least one to two cups came out of the bottle. What a mess! Didn't get any glue on the deck or the dinning room table, but the pants had to come off immediately and carried inside out to the garbage.

As I was standing over the sink trying to clean the bottle and the upholstery on the chair, my husband smiles and says "Should I get the camera?"

• Like 6

:roflmao: A photo would've been hysterically funny!!!!

Okay, I'll join the "blush club"! Mine isn't mini-related though.

When my eldest daughter was just a few weeks old, I went to a huge mall here in Dubai, very early in the morning. My first time there, I had to look in dark passageways for the ladies toilet and baby changing room.

I saw a sign for baby changing room, but the door was locked. I rushed back to the Information counter, where I gave the staff a piece of my frazzled mind, filled out a complaint form in very choice language and demanded that they open bathrooms early in the day for us stressed-out mothers.

About a week later, a friend accompanied me to the same Mall and I told her of the bathroom disaster. She calmly carried on walking 20 paces past the locked baby change room door, and into a ginormous HALL filled with 4 baby changing tables, 20 ladies toilets and enough basins for a football team.

Apparently I had completely missed the HUGE sign and the VAST open (and unlocked) foyer into the Ladies' section in my post-pregnant state.

No wonder the Complaints Department had not called me back!

But I still maintain they only built that huge bathroom after I went looking for it!!!! :wt*:

• Like 6

When the builders had built our new downstairs toilet I thought I would "christen it" by saying goodbye to most of what I'd eaten during the last week . Unfortunately it turned out that they hadn't yet connected the outside pipe to the sewage and were all standing around smoking around the semi connected pipe when I flushed and opened the gates to hell.

I refused to speak to any of them ever again. Myhusband had to deal with them.

• Like 7

When the builders had built our new downstairs toilet I thought I would "christen it" by saying goodbye to most of what I'd eaten during the last week . Unfortunately it turned out that they hadn't yet connected the outside pipe to the sewage and were all standing around smoking around the semi connected pipe when I flushed and opened the gates to hell.

I refused to speak to any of them ever again. Myhusband had to deal with them.

I'm sorry Louisa, but this is too funny. :roflmao:

• Like 2

But I still maintain they only built that huge bathroom after I went looking for it!!!!

You must have written a very effective complaint letter. Look how fast they shaped up and made your requested improvements!

• Like 2

Well, what a fun topic this is. I can probably list several things, but the one that comes to mind first dates back to the days when most movie theatres didn't sell diet soda. My friend Barbara and I were young at the time, but adults nonetheless, and like many young women of our day, we were concerned enough about our weight to cut calories when and where we could. So we purchased a few cans of diet soda to sneek into the movie theatre with us, and because we wanted the soda cold when we were ready to drink it, we put the cans in my freezer.

About an hour or so later, we decided to ditch the movie and do something else, forgetting all about the soda. The next day after I came home from work, my mother calmly asked me if I put cans of soda in the freezer. I confessed, thinking nothing of it until my mother informed me about the lovely mess she had to clean because the soda cans exploded. How was I to know?

Fortunately, Mom was good-natured about it, and I learned that soda cans shouldn't be placed in freezers, at least not overnight. So like a good friend, I informed Barbara about what happened so she wouldn't make the same mistake. She laughed and told me that she knew about the effects of frozen soda trapped inside a container. She told me she remembered the soda late that evening and was going to call me, but she just assumed I knew better and would automatically remove the cans and place them in the refrigerator. (It always amazes me when one of my friends over-estimates my brillance.)

So those of you who still have young children or grandchildren, tell them not to store cans of soda in the freezer. I'm telling you, they just don't teach these things in school.

• Like 4

And leaving the soda in the car - what a sticky mess that is in the upholstery and the carpets. (We live in the frigid hinterlands.)

• Like 4

No one uses the upstairs bedrooms anymore so they are mostly for storage and I only go up to vacuum once a month. When I dragged the vaccum cleaner up last month, the pictures on the wall were all crooked, and it looked like one of the cats had been sleeping on the pillow sham, but I knew they hadn't been up there. We had HAD a squirrel in the attic when the weather got so cold in November, but it had been live-trapped and returned to the great outdoors.

I fluffed the pillow, straightened the pictures and turned around to plug in the vacuum--there at eye level in a beam of sunshine was the artificial Christmas tree with neatly stored walnuts and acorns on all the branches. Didn't get the trap out fast enough, I guess, and need to get it out again.

• Like 5

Many many many and I am not sharing!!! :p

Well maybe one really silly thing. The other day I was working on my build and I and stood up to see better what I was working on. I forgot that I had pushed the bench back and when I went to sit down I fell on the floor!! Duh!!!

• Like 2

Many many many and I am not sharing!!! :p

Well maybe one really silly thing. The other day I was working on my build and I and stood up to see better what I was working on. I forgot that I had pushed the bench back and when I went to sit down I fell on the floor!! Duh!!!

Ouch