Family Reunion of Old Missing Members

Peggi

Hi Old and New Friends!! My name is Peggi and I've been a member here since forever, but have been missing in action for a little while. Real life has really interfered with my dollhouse building the last few years, but I still a big fan of Greenleaf and all types of dollhouses and miniatures. For those who don't remember me or have no idea about me, my first build was the Lily, which without the advise of my friends here would never been completed. Since then I've built 4 more 1" scale dollhouses and still have a partially finished Van Buren calling my name every day. Talking to Deb on facebook made a lot of us realize that this was our real forum home and thought I check in and give a shout out to all of you and to have a place for some of the other old members who need to come home a place to re-introduce ourselves.

I've not posted in quite a while but I have come back several times to sneak a peek at what is going on and I've got to say there sure is a lot of great dollhouse builder still here and enjoy looking at the galleries. Dean you still are The Man and still deserve thanks for giving people a place to share their love of dollhouses.

Occasionally I would get a notice about an inquiry about my dollhouse blog and have tried to get back to people with answers. I may be rusted but thanks to the wonderful blogs we've posted over the years can still help.

I am glad to be back .

• Like 6

Peggi!!! Oh my dear sweet friend! It's sooooooo good to see you here again, my little Lily guru. <wrapping my arms around you and hugging you tightly> You don't know how much I've missed you or just how happy I am to be able to hang out with you. I'm genuinely tearful right now because it's just so amazing to have you and so many other friends returning to the place where we all got to know and love each other. <grinning> The biggest thing about being here at Greenleaf is that it's where we can have real conversations with each other. Status updates are okay for keeping up with what someone is doing, but here we have in depth conversations that are loving and silly and wise. It's kind of like the difference between saying a quick "hi" when you pass someone in the hall or sitting down to have a long, companionable talk over tea that goes late into the night. <twirling happily> In other words, we connect here whether it's the love of minis or just love for each other.

<wicked grin> Betcha that Van Buren gets a whole lot chattier now. As I remember, that was going to be the house of your dreams......

Deb <hugging Peggi again so tight that she squeaks>

• Like 4

Actually Deb, the Van Buren was (is?) going to be one of my greatest bashes, the Beaumont is still my dream house. That is what is so sad about not completing the Van Buren, the bashed windows are already to be installed, most of the bricks are on, the wiring is in, but lord with the gk around there is no room to bring out all the stuff to finish it up. If it ever decides to become warm and stay warm I may start back on it. The gk would love to help, but little hands sometimes are not the steadiest at doing wall paper and flooring LOL

• Like 2

Peggi, welcome home. This is fantastic ! It's an old home reunion for sure.

I sure hope you'll be able to stick around, catch up on all the news, have some tea, and relax with old friends.

• Like 2

I probably won't get back into actual building until fall. After a couple of years of real life house gutting and rehab, I still have detailing to do and it's getting warmer out, so I will be playing outside. We did a huge yard gut and overhaul last summer out there as well. (bying that chainsaw was probably a mistake lol) But I will definitely be perusing the galleries to see what is new. Nice to see everyone.

• Like 6

post-583-0-58970800-1395934831_thumb.jpg

She has become a catch all BUT she will see love and light very soon. Once the painting and floors are done, I will start treating her the way she deserves.

• Like 3

OMG, my buddy! :hug: How I have missed you, girlfriend! I sent you a PM with our new email. Since we moved to AL I haven't had anywhere to build, and Mildred didn't survive her move (DH used her to stack things on and we went over a couple of rough railroad crossings along the way; I just got a good, long look at her yesterday and deleted the Pierce rehab album). We finally got the workshop DH promised me for Christmas 2011, and if you & Riley ever get down our way (we're just a mile west of Pensacola of US 90) you can come play in it, too.

Give George a pet for me. I guess scratch Bleu's ears for me, too (or does he prefer the chin?).

• Like 4

This is just so cool, we have so many from the old gang returning. I'm naming names but I'll be sure to forget someone - let's see my there is Deana, Peggi, Deb, Linda Heidi, Debra, and who else am I forgetting that have just come home again? Oh Wolfie and nuttiwebgal did drop by briefly.

Um, maybe we need to "rescue" some other lost souls. Some I remember fondly are aggiemae, Steve_in_PA, CJEP, LPCullen, Wenlaine, Peachie, heartnsoule, newt, Missymew, lmgervais, Bea Killion, Violet2Dawn, Hallowell, but there so many others that have gotten busy with other things. I hope they are all well and happily doing things that they enjoy.

But - Come on home - we miss you!

• Like 4

Welcome back, Peggi. It's so nice to have so many once-active members return, although we all know that real life and other distractions can, and often do, take us elsewhere. I love the title "My Little Lily Guru" that Deb gave you. After seeing your gallery pictures, that is certainly a title you should wear proudly.

Although I don't know him personally, I too thank Dean every day for giving us this site to post, view, and share. Now I can thank you and all the other "old timers" for being part of this site and helping to make it as wonderful as it is.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for the warm re-welcome. Oh Holly how I have missed you, I think of you and so many other members so often. I looked and was pleasantly surprised that my galleries and blogs are still here. Can't believe Dean didn't delete me with all the upgrades to the site. But ever so thankful. I looked over my notes on the Van Buren and when I get started back on it the notes will be a lifesaver. Holly we really do need to catch up, my real life has taken the most unexpected turns in the last 3 years. Riley has retired, we are the legal guardians of our youngest gks and I'm still working, so he is discovering the adventures and Oh Hell moments of being the main caregiver LOL. I'll see if I can find your pm, still getting used to the new site.

• Like 2

Ohhhh my goodness, this is just too fabulous!! I've got goosebumps reading all these posts. I'm so glad to be back and I can't tell you how much I've missed being here. I'm going to get back to building and Deb, thanks so much for getting us all together again. It's great to see you Holly, Selkie and Peggi again and all the new members.

Hi Monica, it's been so long!!!

• Like 5

Ho-o-o-o-o-o-o-ly cow ... again !!! Man, welcome home Wendy. It's so great to see you. You helped me so much we I first joined GL. Sit and have some tea. One lump or two?

• Like 1

...., my real life has taken the most unexpected turns in the last 3 years. Riley has retired, we are the legal guardians of our youngest gks and I'm still working, so he is discovering the adventures and Oh Hell moments of being the main caregiver.

I know whereof you speak Peggi. I'm raising three grands - six, nine, and fourteen. It's wonderful but challenging. Kudos to you for taking up the gauntlet when it was passed to you. There are a whole bunch of us old fogeys bringing up the next generation.

• Like 2

I think he has been pining away. :bear: He knew the flock would return to the nest.

Heidi that's brilliant !!! Now we know why the Spring Fling 2014 isn't ready yet. He was SO busy pining away that he couldn't concentrate enough to develop it. Whew ! Thanks - I'm so relived to understand the root of the problem and it looks like it could be solved with this wonderful reunion happening. Yippee !!!!!!!

• Like 1

Im Home !

I missed you all so much, I check in at least once a week... I am so thrilled to see you all in here.

Deb, I read your note on facebook, and I agree with you 100%. This is home, I love each and everyone of you. You have all taught me so much and we have all been there for each other during some rough times right here in chit chat.

I haven't seen linda post in a while... oh dear I think I her name was linda. Its been a long time.

Real life has really set in for me. I havent done much mining at all. I've been cleaning out my workroom, worked on a couple rehabs to sell. I really want to start my McKinley.

Wow, im going back to the first post and catch up now.

kellee

• Like 2

Hi all. Took awhile figuring out a new password but I've made it back in to the forum

Welcome home again. I'm still pouring tea so come and sit and tell us all about where you've been and what you've been up to.

• Like 3