Family Reunion of Old Missing Members

Peggi

This truly is home :wub: and even if I might not post much now and again this is the place where I gather strenght, energy and what little sanity I might conjure (sp?)

Hugs

• Like 4

Today I actually feel excited! Seeing everyone here has made my day! Hey there everyone :wave: makes me think of the song by Pharell. ... Cause I'm happy... Clap along...if you feel like a room without a roof.... Where is the Green Apple pucker! Let's get the picker flowing :)

• Like 8

Nutti, my scones are made with Heart Smart Bisquik, Egg Beaters and fat free milk (and a dollop of fat free Greek yogurt). You know you have a place to stay when y'all visit Pensacola, right?

• Like 1

Hey everybody! I'm home! Haven't even touched a dollhouse in over a year, but hoping to get back to it soon. Got lots of kits I want to build, and lots of projects to get finished up. Had too much going on in my personal life and work life to do anything. I sure have missed everybody tho!

• Like 4

Peggi...I only recently was able to get all my old friends and supplies out of storage in Mo...only 2 intact houses made the trip the rest still in a smaller storage

I have my Arthur(friendship house) and Madame Boney's travel trailer....I do not have my crafting area restored from the huge influx(and duplicate) of supplies

because we also brought the grans back to Az with us to live with us and momma....and my Catriona is having her own baby in May....so busy being a gran....

I have been dabbling more in half scale but looking forward to immersing myself in Catriona's MHM and finish it for her....

this thread has been so great today!!

HIYA HOLLY!!! :banana:

and to the rest of you!! :tumbleweed: Hi from Az!

nutti :salute:

• Like 4

Oh Nutti it is so hard to believe that Catriona is old enough to have a baby!! My how time flys, I don't know about others but I feel like I watched a lot of the kids grow up, like Tracy's beautiful daughters. But I guess since I am now a great grand it just shows how time can get away from us.

• Like 4

Hey everybody! I'm home! Haven't even touched a dollhouse in over a year, but hoping to get back to it soon. Got lots of kits I want to build, and lots of projects to get finished up. Had too much going on in my personal life and work life to do anything. I sure have missed everybody tho!

Woo hoo - another lost sheep has come back to the fold. I haven't seen you in ages. Welcome back. This is SO fun. Hope you stay in town this time.

• Like 2

Welcome home again. I'm still pouring tea so come and sit and tell us all about where you've been and what you've been up to.

Been very busy...3 of my 4 girls are married and i have 7 grandchildren. So needless to say ive been busy being a Grams 6 grandsons and 1 little princess granddaughter Im dying to build her a dollhouse in fact i have the laurel waiting in the box but she lives in CA and Im in NJ so just dont know how i would get it safely across the country. . I retired 1 1/2 years ago to spend time with the Grands Would love to build again but I ran out of places for dollhouses. Having a Beacon Hill and a Garfield is all i can find room for in my house! Happy to chat with you all again. Thanks for including me in the Facebook Post

• Like 2

Thanks for including me in the Facebook Post

So ... this was a mass breakout from facebook, eh? I knew y'all would wake up eventually and come back over to the light side. :D

• Like 4

Well, I haven't left, but I'm glad to see others returning - names that were familiar to me when I first signed on in April 2009. I like the description a few posts back that Facebook is like saying "hi" in the hallways, but Greenleaf is like sitting down for a long visit. I love this place :)

• Like 7

I would occasionally stop in or lurk on the side. This is fun that so many have all shown up at the same time. Thanks Deb for making us all come back. I haven't built anything lately and won't until fall, but I am still collecting nifty little things as I see them!

• Like 8

So ... this was a mass breakout from facebook, eh? I knew y'all would wake up eventually and come back over to the light side. :D

<hanging head and scuffing toe in the dirt> Uhhhh.....<twisting the hem of my shirt and giving you my best lopsided grin> They followed me home Mom. Can I keep 'em? Huh? Huh? Pulleeeeaaaassssseee??

hehehehehehe Actually I had posted on FB that I was back on the forum and Heidi had already found me here and she started telling people. When I made the post so many of us were suddenly in the right place at the right time and we all remembered how much we love being together. Everyone started calling out to other people and suddenly it was as if we were all wearing black suits and sunglasses as we told our old friends, "We're gettin' the band back together". :gleam: :music_band: :gleam::gleam: There may also have been some promise of brownies and Green Apple Pucker along with mention of The Great Dollhouse vs. Action Figure Debate. :swordfight: hehehehehehehehehehe

I don't think anyone is leaving facebook, but what we all agreed upon is the ability to have genuine conversations here and reconnect with our friends and our passion for miniatures. I have to admit that more than once I've gotten all teary eyed and sniffly as I read thru all the posts and just felt overwhelmed with so much love watching everyone greet each other and the hugs and, well, being family. I know I'm getting all mushy and I'm probably repeating myself but even if I am, it's worth saying again. I love you all so much. I think that we all bring out the best in each other with the kind of chemistry that hardly ever comes along in life. We belong together.

Deb

• Like 5

Deb we all love you too!! I stayed away, (at least from posting) so long because I felt I couldn't contribute to the site. I've not done any mini's in so long. Actually had to pack up and store my supplies and dollhouses so I felt I wasn't worthy to be here. But I kept up with old friends on fb, especially Tracy, Heidi, Linda Cullen and of course you. Also played games with Irene and several others. You and Tracy made me realize this site is also about friendships and family. Ahh it is good to be back in the fold.

• Like 4

I stayed away, (at least from posting) so long because I felt I couldn't contribute to the site. I've not done any mini's in so long. Actually had to pack up and store my supplies and dollhouses so I felt I wasn't worthy to be here.

Ah, but you didn't pack up your experience and knowledge! That's all inside your head so it's part of you and it's all mixed in with the part of you that's loving and caring and willing to share (I never could have built my Lily without you because you shared so much even after you'd finished the house). So of course you're needed here!! It all balances out too. When you come here and talk about minis and hang out with other people who do, you share your information with others; cheering them on and in return, you have a form of miniatures in your life. You may not have your dollhouses out where you can see them, but you can get a mini fix by sharing the excitement of what others are building. I think that's a wonderful situation for everyone!

Deb

• Like 3

I am so happy all of you are back!!!!! I, too, haven't been here as much because of REAL LIFE. I have checked in every so often, but haven't done any building since last Spring Fling. Gosh, it is just so nice all of you are here!

• Like 2