Family Reunion of Old Missing Members

Peggi

Need help, I was trying to post a picture from my Lily Blog to help a member with windows and cannot for the life of me figure out how. Now this really does show I've been gone tooooooo long. LOL I use to help with these questions. also I tried to insert a smiley face on a earlier post and while typing it showed up but when it posted only the code for it showed. Teach me the tricks of the new sight, please with butter on top???

• Like 1

ahhhh Irene!!! who's garfield inspiration got me started on this whole journey ...isnt this exciting!!! :salute:

Blushing...thank you!

• Like 1

Need help, I was trying to post a picture from my Lily Blog to help a member with windows and cannot for the life of me figure out how. Now this really does show I've been gone tooooooo long. LOL I use to help with these questions. also I tried to insert a smiley face on a earlier post and while typing it showed up but when it posted only the code for it showed. Teach me the tricks of the new sight, please with butter on top???

I'll answer the second question first. There are a few of the icons that don't work. Also, if you add an icon and drag and drop it to a new location in your post, it will occasionally act funky.

To bring a picture from you album into a post, you can do it a couple of ways. The newfangled way is to click on the My Media button (right beside the smiley icon). When that comes up select Gallery Images - then scroll through, click on what you want to add and hit the button at the bottom and voila they are in there. When someone clicks on it, it can bring them back to album so they can comment if they want to.

The older way is to bring up your picture in the album, copy the URL at the top of the page, go to your post (I usually have 2 windows open to do this so I don't lose my place), select the text you have typed in the post (ie, the name of the picture), click on the icon that is beside the number list button (it's gray and green), a little box opens, paste the url in the box, enter it and you're done.

Hope I made that clear enough. It's hard to remember the steps when you are typing it and not actually doing it.

...I stayed away, (at least from posting) so long because I felt I couldn't contribute to the site. I've not done any mini's in so long...

I haven't been able to build, even furniture, or work on any houses since we moved, because everything was packed into the garage and all the mini supplies were in back & on the bottom (except the poor pitiful pearl that used to be Mildred... she sat out by the door from the laundry room to reproach me every time I went out in the garage). Now that Mildred is out in the middle of the workshop I can instantly assess all the damage and eventually I shall give her decent burial.

That said, I've been right here, accumulating more and more post counts, and I'm well over 50K now. Please don't stay away, any of you. This eccentric, crochity old relative has missed y'all too much!

• Like 2

Thank you Selkie, I thought I tried that, the problem may be the picture is not in my gallery but in a blog. but I will try to open two tabs so I can paste the URL. I swear I think it use to be easier than this LOL

Thank you Selkie, I thought I tried that, the problem may be the picture is not in my gallery but in a blog. but I will try to open two tabs so I can paste the URL. I swear I think it use to be easier than this LOL

Hope you have some success. But when I realized you were coming from another photo source, I didn't give those instructions.

If you are taking the picture from another source, you use the square picture frame symbol, 2 icons over from the one I mentioned - if you hover over it, it says Image, and paste your URL in that instead. That one is specifically for photos. The other one can be links to anything online.

The other thing that is quirky is uploading new pictures from your PC or phone. We have found that it's better to upload in small batches - definitely NOT over 6 at a time - and to use 800x600 pixels max.

So many people from the past!!And so good to see -hear you. I hope I wasn't forgotten...I have not been on this site for quite a while.I am on FB and note that my core friends are 'll Greenleaf people. Greenleaf still the best site ever! I early retired last year and life kinda got in the way so I missed Spring Fling '13...but I'm up for it this year. So,so so good seeing so many of you...I knew where to look 'cuz Heidi mentioned Chat Room on FB. Later, Friends!!!!

:bigwink:

• Like 3

Even a little time spent here on the light side will be good for all of you and great for the rest of us. Once again, welcome home, y'all! :D

So good to see you here KathieB.. I have thought of you often! Hope you are doing awesome :)

I am so happy. Fb has really changed so much that it is frustrating. I like that I can find my friends here without having to dig through game requests.

I feel like I have to build something. Deb, you started something good.

• Like 6

Hi everyone. I'm know I'm late for the party but it sure feels great to be back home. I've stopped in a few times but just looked around. I have a lot to learn and remember with the new format. It's so great to see so many of the old names here and have us all together again. I haven't touched a house in a few years but I have been mining, I started my own Miniature business, Plum Miniatures, and I sell at shows. I miss building but I love creating new things and seeing the smiles on customers faces when they find a piece that fits into their new project.

Thanks for making this happen Deb and Heidiii. Why did it take us so long to do it?

Terri

• Like 5

Woo hoo More lost sheep are returning. Yippee. Hey, we need a contest in honor of all the return-ees. What should we call it?

Spring Fling!!! maybe a special 'lost sheep' category lol :) xxx

• Like 1

Irene! Llyn!! Jenn!! Terri!! :group::group: OMG, I don't know where to look first and I'm afraid I'm going to miss someone. I wish there was an emoticon for being beside one's self with joy coz I need about six thousand of those right now. <throwing up my arms and twirling around> Oh, it is SO good to see you guys.

I know we're still missing people so keep spreading the word. But while we wait, everybody get a cup of coffee or tea or cocoa (with little marshmallows) or a glass of wine and we'll set out some cookies and brownies while we sit around the kitchen table and catch up. :gathering: I've heard mentions of new grandbabies and even a great grandbaby or two so that's definitely news we wanna hear about! People have moved and changed jobs or retired and had all kinds of life changes to catch up on too. There are new businesses started up and kids have moved out and kids have moved back home and I'm sure someone has learned how to play the harp. :harp: Well, okay, so I doubt that anyone has learned how to play the harp but how often do you get to use that emoticon? <snicker> Sorry. It was staring at me and hypnotized me into using it..

So what have y'all been up to?

Deb

• Like 5

Terri's home! Terri's home! :hug: Now I'm getting excited; I was really beginning to think y'all weren't ever coming home and I might die without seeing y'all on here again! Please don't do that to this old lady...

• Like 4

I have a grandson. Never thought I would get one, but here he is. And he likes to build stuff.

I never thought you'd get one either but I didn't know you'd been shopping around for one. :baby: What a cutie he is!!! I love those two pretty teeth he's showing off in that picture. It's very cool that he likes to build stuff. Gramma will get him started down the right path at an early age.

Deb

I used to joke I was going to have to birth my own grandchild. Or (other inappropriate comments). His favorite toy is my oxygen machine with all the dials and hoses. I said I didn't die because I was waiting for a baby and a 3 carat diamond. Got the baby, hubby offered the diamond for xmas and I said NO!!

• Like 3