Family Reunion of Old Missing Members

Peggi

Sniff sniff, wipes nose on sleeve. I missed the reunion party - all the warmness and hugging.

I'm still here pouring tea Jo so please join the party. Would you prefer scones or cookies? One lump or two?

• Like 1

Ahh Selkie, a scone would be delightful, will you pour or shall I?

Why don't you pour whilst I warm the scone? Honey or jam with that?

Jo, since we have found out that they are, indeed, planning a contest, do you think you might be inclined to join in this year? I love watching you build so I'm crossing my fingers that you might consider it. I remember how much you helped me with ideas one year. It was so fun.

Blue forget-me-nots sounds so pretty.

It depends on the kit I think Selkie. I do love the Spring Fling contest and all the fun that goes with it but I'm in the middle of a build right now so it would have to be something that really grabbed my attention and shouted out to me.

What about you?

I'm really on the fence this year. I have so many unfinished ones and have been strapped $$ wise for too much discretionary funds that it really will depend on the kit - it's appeal but also it's cost. I have to remember, it's not just the cost of the kit, it's the cost of the "stuff and fluff" that goes along with it. It adds up so fast.

PS I like the blue forget-me-nots best too.

Yep, agree with that. Do miniaturists ever win the lottery I wonder.

We did have fun but I seem to remember that it was you helping me in the last SF. All those ideas you sent me and I still ended up with the garden room.

Oh we just had so much fun with all the brainstorming and such.

No my 2013 was never brought in from the woodshop for the winter. I couldn't carry it due to some health issues and I couldn't rustle up any takers for the job. It's unheated so I can't work there yet. Maybe another month and I'll be able to.

I really need to create something. I'm thinking I may drag out my 2011 SF that was going to be an little stone chapel in the woods with a stately English Vicar caring for it. I have most of the paperclay stonework done and stucco and tudor beams fitted. I just loved that build. I collected some wonderful red "glassware" to be on the altar table and a really cool red glass jewelry piece for the chandelier. We'll see if I can move these old bones.

That link shows an error and I can't see anything in your gallery for 2011.

Well my friend, if its a cracking kit this year, shall we enter together and share ideas again?

That would be a blast. I'd do it if you did too! Let's see what they offer us. See if it's truly spectacular and really hits the nail on the head for us.

Well, we are probably going to get in hot water for hijacking this thread but it surely has been pleasant to chat again.

Guess I'll hit up the piles of laundry and see if I can make some headway with that project.

Thanks for having tea with me.

• Like 1

My pleasure Selkie and yes, lets hope for an out of this world kit this year.

Nightie night dear friend, its way past my bedtime - its no wonder folks don't invite me to parties these days, I'm such a lightweight.