Family Reunion of Old Missing Members

Peggi

That link shows an error and I can't see anything in your gallery for 2011.

Just realized that that album is set to private. Dummy me. Here's the picture from GL of the 2011 one for my chapel.

gallery_2708_4988_13812.jpg

• Like 1

I remember that one! It would make a terrific chapel!. I have a copy of DHMS Projects vol 1, #2, the wedding issue. It contains plans for a church roombox and includes patterns for hymnboard, altar, pulpit and pews, and the lych gate; describes making a communion rail from stair kit parts and a lectern from a plastic eagle, a chess piece (appropriately, a bishop!) and a bottle cap for height. There's also patterns for the vicar's vestments.

I used the middle section for the main chapel, the left (as you view it) for the right side. The entrance was switched to the far end of the right side making the length of the building enough for a rectangular chapel shape. I made the main portion into a cathedral ceiling to make it look more church-ish. I made a second floor on the small section for the Vicars quarters. I have beautiful benches and carved chairs too. I even have a backdrop poster of the woods to use with it and landscaping materials to make it look like moss and pine. I just need to DO it.

Well, seriously this time, I need to get back to the laundry so we have clothes for the coming week. It's busy, as usual.

Nice chatting and hope we get inspired over here in the boonies to drag out our builds and get moving.

Really am signing off this time. I'll check back later to see if there was any news. Bye for now.

• Like 1

I'm here too! Terri said there is a flock of people returning, so I jumped on the reunion band wagon. So very much has gone on since my last visit! Still having health problems, I had a really bad winter. I'm starting to feel better lately, so I'm hoping for a long remission. In spite of MS, I've done several projects. I just had to take a bit longer than usual. Our club, Lorain County Miniatures has moved to a place much closer to me. Dawn Reese moved her store, Dolls and Minis, to a wonderful location, Grand Pacific Junction in Olmsted Falls Ohio. 5 minute drive for me!!! It's in a restored historical village. I go often!

We were featured in the August 2013 Miniature Collector Club Fanfare. I'll try to post the photos soon of the club projects I did. First was a porch kit I made into a garage sale. Next was a grungy tenement apartment. We were given a floor, a small wall a window and door opening and a back. It looked like a tenement to me.

I also sold a Buttercup made into a Holiday house, and have an order for another!

The most exciting thing was just last week. I got to do a Rik Pierce workshop at Dawn's store. It was AWESOME!!!!! So was he! We did the thatched cottage build. Our class was only 6 people, so we got a lot of one on one with him! We only had 5 days, so none of us completely finished, but we'll work together to get them done. It was hard work, and I was exhausted every night, but I wouldn't have missed it for anything! Lunch was very entertaining, Rik is extremely intelligent, and gave us wonderful lessons in history, architecture, and many other subjects. On the last night, I was surprised by Dan. He had organized a small dinner party for the class and Rik at our house! He had been cleaning and shopping all week, but I came home so tired, I didn't notice a thing. He even cooked! It was the highlight of my life!

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm bragging, as I'm really not! I just want to share with everyone in the whole world! I'd stop strangers walking down my street if I thought they'd know what I'm talking about, lol.

So, forgive me my dear ones for being away so long, I promise to be around as much as I can.

• Like 4

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm bragging, as I'm really not! I just want to share with everyone in the whole world! I'd stop strangers walking down my street if I thought they'd know what I'm talking about, lol.

So, forgive me my dear ones for being away so long, I promise to be around as much as I can.

Michelle!!! We were hoping you'd come home too! Yay!!!!!! And sweetie, it's not bragging when your husband cleans the house and cooks so that you can have <gasping> Rik Pierce home to dinner. <fainting at the mere thought> That might be the most awesome thing *ever*. <pausing to consider> Yep, that's it. I can't think of anything more amazing than that.

Okay Jo, I finally made it back over here and hang on coz I'm going to take a run at you and hug you till you squeak! It's so good to see you again. I'm sorry I missed the tea party with you and Selkie <grumbling some more about those repairmen>. Oh, I heard somewhere that you're working on an Arsenic and Old Lace House. Be still my heart!!!!!! <tossing one hand on forehead and swooning a little> That's my all time favorite movie and as soon as I heard you were doing it, I thought, "That's perfect. If anyone can do justice to it, it would be Jo". I tend to watch that movie at least once a year so I can quote entire portions of dialogue and can see every single detail of the house in my mind if I close my eyes. The staircase and grandfather clock, the pineapple newel post on the stair landing, the candlestick phone, the crystal lamps and lace curtains, the gorgeous tiled walk-in fireplace and the plate rail around the wall.....and the window seat. (We've never had yellow fever there before) I can even describe the library which is only shown in one scene in the movie. <pausing for breath> Can you tell I'm excited? I'm dying to hear all about it. <pulling up a chair and getting comfy>

Deb

• Like 1

I'm here too! Terri said there is a flock of people returning, so I jumped on the reunion band wagon. So very much has gone on since my last visit! ........... So, forgive me my dear ones for being away so long, I promise to be around as much as I can.

Welcome home! I've missed you and all the creative ideas you come up with. You are a gifted miniaturist.

Hope you can stick around a while and hang out with us again.

Oh and dinner at your house with Rik .... to die for ..... ahh-h-h-h-h-h

So nice to see so many returning to GL...still waiting for others.Very exciting for reunions, Spring Fling, hopefully better weather for most, that tingly feeling your fingers get to hold tiny tools and bits of wood, the dream of the next build..to create that tiny world just for you/me.I guess it's a Spring thing. Time of renewals!! Makes me smile!

Thanks for the lovely warm hug and welcomes everyone. It is good to be back when spring is in the air - well at least it is where I am.

Oh, my dear Deb, I hope I don't disappoint you with my Arsenic and Old Lace room box, its not really anything like the film, just inspired by the film and theatre sets etc.

Here is a link

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&album=6199

and here is it done up for Christmas

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&album=6522

I'm working on a house that John bought me years ago but which was so boring I just used it for shelves (isn't that ungrateful) Its turn has now come and it going to be a semi fantasy apothecary and perfume shop. Its taking a while as I'm trying to get back into doll making mode right now. Still need to make the characters for Arsenic and Old Lace.

• Like 1

Deb, Google Crome works. I don't dare try to unload IE11. I'd probably mess it up and my ITT guy would kill me!

Linda, the components of the forum you're having problems with are either Flash or Java based. IE 11 *and* some anti-virus software programs don't play well with those things anymore so that's why you're not getting all the bells and whistles. Try using Chrome instead and you'll find it easier to use (it's as uncomplicated as a browser can be) and it'll work better for a lot of things. I know you're devoted to IE, but believe me, you'll like Chrome better once you get used to it because it's as user friendly as it gets. If the problem still exists after that, it's in your anti-virus software blocking those components and you'd have to simply change the settings in the program to allow java and flash. But I bet it'll be fixed when you dump IE 11. Bill Gates is evil.

Deb

Thanks for the lovely warm hug and welcomes everyone. It is good to be back when spring is in the air - well at least it is where I am.

Oh, my dear Deb, I hope I don't disappoint you with my Arsenic and Old Lace room box, its not really anything like the film, just inspired by the film and theatre sets etc.

Here is a link

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&album=6199

and here is it done up for Christmas

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/index.php?app=gallery&album=6522

I'm working on a house that John bought me years ago but which was so boring I just used it for shelves (isn't that ungrateful) Its turn has now come and it going to be a semi fantasy apothecary and perfume shop. Its taking a while as I'm trying to get back into doll making mode right now. Still need to make the characters for Arsenic and Old Lace.

OMG Jo, that's amazing! It's some of your best work yet and that's saying something!!!!! You were just born to do this ya know. You have some seriously mad mini skills and I'm soooooo glad that you use them to do things like this. I can just see Teddy in his war room or charging up the stairs. I love every little detail about it!'

I can't wait to see your characters for it. It's going to be fun to do Cary Grant but even more fun to do Peter Lorre. He's such a little doll anyway that making him in mini will be a ball.

Forgive me for not replying to this sooner. I forgot where it was at and have been looking in threads everywhere before I remembered this one. <sheepish grin> After you posted links to your pics the other night, I got so lost in looking at them that I couldn't put the laptop down and fell asleep still clicking and oooohing over them.

Linda, I'm glad that Chrome is working for you! Atta girl!

• Like 1

Hi folks! This lost sheep has found its way home too after lurking about. Not doing mini's like I used to, but I still like to imagine myself doing them. Maybe when RL stops throwing curve balls at me, I can get back to them. I even went to Bishop show today in search of something 'normal', but my heart just wasn't in it. Sadly, my Mom was stricken recently by a rare type of infection in her spine that has left her impaired physically as well as mentally. For an 85 yr. old, she was quite active and in charge of absolutely every aspect of her life prior to this, so it has been devastating to my family to see her knocked down this way. On top of my Mother being ill, my in-laws are both dying - one from congestive heart failure and liver cancer, the other from bone cancer, so it feels a bit like the world has flipped for us right now. Will get through it, but it sure does suck ( to be blunt) right now.

Anyway, it is truly wonderful to see so many returning HOME. Home really is where the heart is...and THIS heart is so very happy to find its way back here. xoxo

• Like 3

Chris, it's good to see you! Many hugs :hug: Many of us have aging relatives who are not well. It's difficult to watch their decline. Keep well and stay strong. This, too, shall pass.

Anyway, it is truly wonderful to see so many returning HOME. Home really is where the heart is...and THIS heart is so very happy to find its way back here. xoxo

<wrapping arms around you in a warm, comforting hug> Perhaps it's good timing for you to have found your way back home right now. Even if you're not building, you need the joy and love of family in a miniature world where you can relax. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom and all the loss that you're experiencing now. That's one of the hardest things to go through in life.

Tracy and I were just talking about you the other day. I was going thru my "special project" bin while I was on the phone with her and when I suddenly squealed with delight I had to explain to her that I'd just found my Rosebud Cottage kit and then we got to talking about you and how much we missed you. So it's better than I can say to have you back on the forum Chris!! <hugging you again> Wanna get up to no good? We could sneak off to Alabama and TP Holly's workshop. hehehehehehehe

• Like 3

... Wanna get up to no good? We could sneak off to Alabama and TP Holly's workshop. hehehehehehehe

Can I come too? I sick of RL around here right now.

• Like 3

:bouncesmile:Holly, that is not toilet paper the workshop, they meant tool partitioning

This is Deb you're talking about! Besides, I'd love to feed her & Chris scones & tea and play minis together. I have some defunct wristwatches I cannot get open to gut.

• Like 1