Family Reunion of Old Missing Members

Peggi

Deana, your grandbaby is precious. Our resident gks love to build also. In fact so much that for Christmas a couple of years ago we gave them their own toolbox. Thought it would cut down on "borrowing" PawPaw's tools, but mysteriously when they decide to build or fix something they can't find their toolbox. They have helped build shelves, rabbit boxes, and some concoctions that only they know what it is LOL. Since being with us they have also learned how to use some of the smaller power tools. For a school project the 10 yr old built from scratch a earthen house for his display for the Pawnee Tribe.

• Like 1

Missymew (Susanne) back at Greenleaf. Yes, it feels like home here. Like others, I've been away from the site due to life issues.

I retired early a year and a half ago due to Graves Disease. I'd been sick for a lot of years, but finally switched doctors by which time I was very ill. Within 6 weeks I'd been through all the tests and had radiation treatment. I feel like a million dollars. I lost over 50 pounds due to the severity of the illness. I've gained strength and mobility, but have kept the weight off.

I have continued to work on miniatures (on and off depending on my health), and look forward to posting new photos in my albums.

Its so good to reconnect with my many friends (many like family to me). As I've much more time on my hands I can, once again, sign onto Greenleaf each day. Its going to take a long time to catch up with all that's been going on here!!

My granddaughters are now teenagers and I love them madly, deeply and forever. Yes, I still have cats. Missymew and Trinity are alive and kicking. MM has slowed down considerably as she will be turning 16 soon; however, Trinity (just a year younger) acts like a kitten.

Hello to all the people I've yet to meet. Hugs to all my old friends.

Its good to be home.

Susanne (aka Missymew)

• Like 5

Welcome home! I've missed you. It's been a long time, so sit down and rest a spell with your old friends. So glad to hear you have some relief from your health issues. Hope that means lots more mini time to come.

Oh it is exceedingly lovely to see so many familiar names appear in this post (Thanks for the heads up Llyn!). Definitely brings a tear to my eye reading all the posts and welcome homes!

I'll have some cocoa with marshmallows and cream please! Though today found out there is a wine called Muriel! I don't drink wine, but think it might be worth keeping a bottle of my namesake on the shelf. If you all would like to drink it, I'm happy to keep an empty bottle on my shelf!

Babies were my RL thing that has taken me away from regular posting on Greenleaf. I try and keep up with the forum for a few months, then there's no time to check in and I get behind again for a few months before I try and catch up again.

Today Allana is 6 months old, and Natasha will be 3(!) in 19 days. My Fairfield is in dry fit and half decorated on the hobby room table, but the hobby room is also Chris' computer, modelling and tabletop wargaming room, so currently I can't get to it, and haven't the time to clear a path. We're redecorating our kitchen (started with new counters as a christmas present, well then we might as well redo the tiles beforehand, and what about painting the walls, oh and might as well move the couple switches, and what about that sagging cupboard, and a couple sockets on the other side of the room, oh, what about using the old counters as shelves?!..). With spring coming though and the ability to spray paint outside again I'm hoping I might just get going on the dollhouse again.

post-2387-0-56031400-1396133489_thumb.jp

Big sister helping with little sister (this was the first time Allana slept in her cot in Natasha's room, and though Natasha had been told she wasn't allowed in the cot, she was just trying to help when Allana started making noises, "she was hungry!")

• Like 5

OMG, I don'[t know whether to laugh or cry with joy that Susanne's home! :hug: :happydance: :hug: and Deana, you grandson is off to a great start as a miniaturist, having no fear of getting messy! Muriel, your little girls are precious as can be!

Missymew so glad to see you and Muriel too! Muriel, you make me realize how out of touch I've been, I think you had just found out your were pregnant with your first child when I became "inactive". Missymew, I had forgotten your real name and when you befriended me on FB at first I could not place you but knew you were one of the GL members LOL.

• Like 2

...Missymew, I had forgotten your real name and when you befriended me on FB at first I could not place you but knew you were one of the GL members LOL.

Peggi, you could have asked me; Susanne & I have been friends (SIsters of the Hood?) since we first met right here! and I got to be her Secret Santa the year we did that.

I retired early a year and a half ago due to Graves Disease. I'd been sick for a lot of years, but finally switched doctors by which time I was very ill. Within 6 weeks I'd been through all the tests and had radiation treatment. I feel like a million dollars.

Susanne! <wrapping my arms around you and holding you tight> Oh dear, sweet friend I'm so glad that you're back with us. I missed you so much. I'm sorry you've been going thru so much real life stuff (I also have Graves so I know what kind of hell you've had to deal with) but it's great to hear that you finally found a doctor who helped. It's not easy finding one who understands how to properly treat thyroid disease, that's for sure.

And Missymew and Trinity!! <waving to the furry babies behind you> MM is going to love meeting my boys. If she thought Napoleon was handsome, wait till she meets Deano with his crooner voice and big, round green eyes. He's quite the figure in his tuxedo. His twin brother Frankie is every bit as handsome, but his personality is more the kind that MM would like to go shopping with, not date. <chuckling> Deano has such broad, muscular shoulders and we know that'll turn little Miss Mew 's head for sure. :wub:

And Muriel!!! :woohoo: Oh my goodness, you have an extra kid! Last time I saw you had one just walking and now look at her being the helpful big sister! They're both adorable! It's soooooooooooo good to see you.

Okay, where's Greg? I know we tagged him in the fb post so maybe he'll come along shortly. If anyone sees him, tell him we love him and are leaving the porch light on for him. Maybe if we all plug in our dollhouses and light up every mini front porch we have, it'll shine a beacon out to the friends still missing.

Deb

Just can't tell you how great it is to see you all you guys that I haven't seen in so long, Llyn, Muriel. Missymew, Linda,Terri, Tracy, Monica and Wendy, and not to leave out the ever faithful crew like Holly, Selkie, Deb, Debra, Casey, Karin, Kat, Paula, Brae and everyone else!!!

:throb: :violin: :whistle: :icecream: :kicking: :hippi: :lol: :wub: :throb:

• Like 1

Also wonder about Steve in PA. His builds were always wonderful. Also remember these names: alycemina, justmesue, lmgervais, aggiemae, CJEP (I think she had a child) Peachie, uppitycats, Corwin, Violet2Dawn (I think she moved somewhere new), Chellebelle (I think she was having some health issues), woodland_miniatures (hope her health is doing better).

It's wonderful to see all the familiar names again. Hi everyone and welcome back. Imgervais is in ill health and I'm sure she would appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers about now.

How about SuzyQ and MsMini?

• Like 1

I tried to get a hold of Newt, to no avail. I also sent a message to lumberjackgurl. Maybe they will show up and at least say hi.

I think Newt has passed on.

And Hallowell.

That's Greg! and I hope he gets here soon. I a;so miss Melissa and Darrel and David, and Ken has been awfully quiet, as has Don.

Peeking in the door and sticking a toe in to say hello. Oh my is that an old pic of me. There have been so many changes in my life. It would take paragraphs to catch everyone up. Quick breakdown. Have not built mini's in years but still look at the houses I have everyday. We bought a very small house (1 bedroom), a few years ago. I work 2 jobs now. 1 job is at the Store Darrell worked at when we were active here. Darrell retired this January. Second job is at a Viking sewing Gallery in Joann's where I get paid to play with and sell sewing machines. We have quite a few grandchildren now. I developed insulin resistance a couple years ago and as a result have lost a little weight (78 pounds). Last but not least Darrell and I plan to finally tie the knot later this year. I will mention this topic to him after he wakes up. I am not sure if either of us will ever build mini's again but we still have all of our supplies and kits and do to the way we had to store things most of our built houses need rehabbed, but we really do not have any room yet to build.

• Like 6

Melissa so glad to see you, I think of all the help you and Darrell gave me when I first started. This is turning into a regular family reunion!!

Linda I also am having trouble learning how to use the new buttons LOL

• Like 1

Melissa??? OMG, Melissa!!!!!! Is it really you? Oh dear lady, it's SO good to see you! I've thought of you often and wondered how you were doing. This is wonderful!! When Tracy and Holly see you, there are going to be happy screams you can hear for miles! Hearing that you get to sew and talk about sewing all day made me smile because that seems like the perfect job for you. I bet you're exceptionally good at it too! Tell Darrell that he needs to get over here and say hi too so we congratulate you guys properly. Your wedding is going to be one of the happiest celebrations we've had on the forum!

I think Newt has passed on.

No. Oh no. There aren't words to say how sad I am to hear that. I thought the world of Newt. She was so smart and had a razor sharp sense of humor. I've missed her terribly and am sorrowful to hear she's gone.

Deb

Welcome Home Melissa :wave: I'm so happy you popped in and hope it won't be your last time! Builders have a knowledge that never goes away and I'm so happy to hear Darrell may pop in later also! Congratulations on the weightloss. I've seen your recent picture so I know you look fabulous! Kisses and many hugs!

I'm sorry to hear about Newt also :( I didn't know this prior to now.

Linda, the quote thing doesn't work unless you don't use quick reply. You have to click "more reply options" next to post (depending Jon what browser you are using)

• Like 1

Someone had posted that about Newt a few years ago when suddenly she stopped being active. I do hope that was wrong! Melissa, I am over the moon to see you here again! Give Darrel big hugs from me, too; and congratulations on the upcoming nuptuals; I can't think of two people I could be any happier for! :hug: :wub: