Refrigerator shelving

Rocketlily

My real refrigerator shelves are glass, but there is also a front edge of metal. I haven't looked at the latest ones. Maybe you should look at the new ones on line. There could be lots of options these days.

Thank you all so much. I'm home from work with a nasty cold today and thought I'd take advantage of the time to build this fridge. Now I know my head is really stuffed, when I could have walked a few feet and opened the fridge to take a look. Good thing I'm not using power tools today.

• Like 2

If you want glass shelves with a plastic frame - I would use that 3mm wide white adhesive paper tape they sell at craftstores as a frame. Michaels has it in the scrapbook section.

Glass microscope slides are thin enough to score with an Exacto blade, or you could have glass cut to measure at a glass/mirror shop. They usually have all kinds of off-cuts they can't use for anything else. Then you could add silver aluminum foil tape to the edges if you want a silver finish.

• Like 1

For glass shelves , you can cut a square to fit out of the plastic cover of a carry out container (like cakes and salads come in). Trim it with a small piece of foil glued on. Drawers can be made from butter or jelly containers like they have at restaurants. Glue a piece of a straw sliced open sideways to make a handle (slip it over the edge of the container, cut the length of the container).

• Like 3

Wow-I was just browsing at today's postings(I also have a cold and not up to anything hands on today) and was just thinking about looking into buying a frig online for my Orchid,when I'd much rather make it...These are all great ideas! I will surely be watching to see how yours turns out,Susan!:) Kat

Wow-I was just browsing at today's postings(I also have a cold and not up to anything hands on today) and was just thinking about looking into buying a frig online for my Orchid,when I'd much rather make it...These are all great ideas! I will surely be watching to see how yours turns out,Susan! :) Kat

Don't know if you've seen this tutorial for making a frig or not. It's not too complicated and looks realistic. The disadvantage is that it doesn't open but it is cute and easy.

Don't know if you've seen this tutorial for making a frig or not. It's not too complicated and looks realistic. The disadvantage is that it doesn't open but it is cute and easy.

I took a look at this and it is very nice. Only problem was that I wanted the doors to open. Thanks to everyone, I've lots of ideas now for the shelving and bottom drawers. Next problem is how to hinge the doors.

• Like 1

I took a look at this and it is very nice. Only problem was that I wanted the doors to open. Thanks to everyone, I've lots of ideas now for the shelving and bottom drawers. Next problem is how to hinge the doors.

Tabs inside the door top & bottom, & pins?

I was thinking of small pieces of wood to insert the short bits of pin into that would then insert into the fridge's top & bottom, and glue the tabs to the door.

I'm with holly on this. I like pins on top and bottom better than hinges. I find hinges to be bulky and very fussy. But that's me.