From the land of palm trees, thinking small again

LARed

Good things come in small packages...

Waiting for my new Diana kit to arrive, very excited and hopeful.

Built my first dollhouse over 25 years ago , and not particularly proud of the results back then. Quite naive and without a clue who to ask for help.

So with a positive attitude, a bit of acrylic painting added to my tool box, and lovely new products at my fingertips, the adventure begins again.

Thrilled to have stumbled here.

• Like 4

Hi Phylis and welcome ! :) I look forward to seeing your Dianna come to life. Glad that you have joined us ! :D

Thank you for the welcome, Stacey

It will be great to be part of this community

Welcome. Can't wait to see pictures of your progress. (we are all eye candy junkies around here).

I see you have made 5 posts so that means you can start an album.

It's also a good idea to keep a photo record of what you are doing.

It can help you with future builds to re-create something or correct something.

See, we are assuming already that there will be more builds. tee hee hee

Welcome Phylis

I read your post title "palm trees" and thought for a brief moment that you were also in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Sigh. It would have been nice to have another miniaturist nearby.

Good luck with your build!

• Like 1

I can see hanging out here will be fun. Thank you for all the welcomes!

Havanaholly, I am starting with the Diana. How can one resist the curves and potential?

Morgan, I love the Pacific Northwest. We'll have to talk LA. I am a transplant here from Boston (many many moons ago)

Selkie, this certainly motivates me to start with pictures of the box, and share the trials, tribulations and triumphs

Moonberry, ah Dubai. I had actually planned a trip there a few years ago but Paris got in the way. May have to reconsider...

As soon as I am able, know I will be searching for all your gallery images. Eye candy is right. This is a great way to relieve the stress of the day. It's like comfort food without the calories.

• Like 2

Welcome Phylis to our forum.

Gail :bear:

Thank you, Gail

You're not too far from me

Corporate offices from a previous job were in Capistrano (Unlike the swallows, I won't return there)

Should be heading to Laguna in the next few weeks. Love the area.

... Eye candy is right. This is a great way to relieve the stress of the day. It's like comfort food without the calories.

Love, love, love this idea :yes: .... "comfort food without the calories"

especially since so many of us are trying to get ready for our bikinis for summertime - :rofl:

(yea, like Selkie is ever going to wear a bikini!!!) :rofl:

• Like 1

Love, love, love this idea :yes: .... "comfort food without the calories"

especially since so many of us are trying to get ready for our bikinis for summertime - :rofl:

(yea, like Selkie is ever going to wear a bikini!!!) :rofl:

Bikinis are truly a thing of the past

Don't want to scare small children or little dogs

Off to work...

A good day to all

As soon as I am able, know I will be searching for all your gallery images. Eye candy is right. This is a great way to relieve the stress of the day. It's like comfort food without the calories.

Welcome to this site, Phylis. I am happy you stumbled upon us too, and that you are renewing your interest and creativity in this hobby. It's hard to believe that 25 years ago I didn't even have a computer, much less the Internet. So, this time, you will have lots of support, both technical, and emotional. We will be your cheerleaders. :cheer:

In the meantime, enjoy the eye candy. I also feel it is a good way to relieve stress, but I hadn't thought about the extra benefit of it being calorie free. I have to warn you, however, that I have seen miniature food on this site that is so real, it can make you hungry.

Hey,my old bikinis were nearly matronly compared to the dental floss they 'wear' nowadays! :yikes: LOL Welcome to the fun,Phylis,from one redhead to another! :D I have always thought the Dianna is gorgeous and I cannot wait to see how yours comes out! ^_^ Kat

Thank you, Gail

You're not too far from me

Corporate offices from a previous job were in Capistrano (Unlike the swallows, I won't return there)

Should be heading to Laguna in the next few weeks. Love the area.

If you have the time, maybe stop by for coffee. Private message me. We are just off Del Obispo.

Gail :bear:

Hello Phylis,

welcome to the forum. I looked up the Diana - it is a real pretty house - can't wait to see what you're going to do with it.

Hi there, welcome to the group. The Diana is gorgeous I was lucky to see one in person...the front porch is a dream. The house was actually unavailable and discontinued not too long ago, thank goodness Greenleaf has brought it back. Looking fw to seeing what you do with yours.

Gail, I will do that! Thank you.

Soapz, me too! A blank canvas can be so intimidating. Trust me, I will need lots of handholding as I start.

WyckedWood, great AV and name. I know, this house really grabbed me. Somany ideas swirling in my head.

Thank you all for the very warm welcome. Waiting for the kit to arrive...