Spring Fling?

I'm still working on filling in the blanks here. I'll finish this post as I find the rest of the info. It takes some time to hunt it up.

And the year before (SF 2012 - 6th annual) was April 4, 2012 8:38 AM Announcement link here.

Closed on September 3, 2012

Winners announced on October 18th. Can't find the link to the announcement.

The year before that was 2011 - 5th annual was announced on March 21, 2011 at 11:07 AM - link here

Closed on July 4, 2011

Winners announced on August 10 Link here

The year before that was 2010 4th annual was announced on March 19, 2010 at 11:56 AM Link here

Closed on May 31, 2010

Winners announced on June 24 Link here

Year before that it was March 19th 2009 8:11 AM Link here

Closed on May 25, 2009

Winners announced on June 5, 2009 Link here

• Like 2

Like I said...longer each year. Thank you Selkie! As always, you rock.

I have a lot of fun planning for the fling. I make countless lists and descriptions of things I've been dreaming about making. Every year, I really love what I make, but I learn more about what I want to do next time. So now, I think about all those plans. Like, don't leave the front door until last :) And make a punch rug (years ago I made them all the time and sold them) I also try to learn something new every year. So I make lists of what I might try. I am hoping that this year, we get a half scale option, our deadline will be even farther out and they will allow 4 photos. And like I hear every year 'you can always bash it into half scale', NO. I don't want to fill a big building with half scale stuff. I want to fill a small building, as in half scale, with 1/2 &/or 1/4 scale. If it is a 1" scale and I can bash into a :) or a ;) I will do it. But, I want something small! Like my sweet little half scale Buttercup. Ok. That's my wish list.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting the history Selkie! I was wondering when they used to start/finish, but hadn't gotten around to trying to find the old posts...

And I agree, last year's Fling project with options was absolutely fabulous--if they are working to top or even match that one we are in for a real treat!

I also agree with Morgan--we are trying to be patient, so lack of posts are not lack of interest or anticipation...I just didn't want to keep posting questions about when it will start and become known as the Greenleaf Fling Nag!! I am going to be out of the office for a few days around the Memorial Day Holiday (no access to computer), so I am sure it will happen then--that is when things always happen!! That is why I always appreciate a two week opportunity to get the kit and options with the free shipping!...

Tappy

• Like 1

One of the workers at a local greenhouse mentioned that because of the harsh winter, most of the plants around here are coming into their own about two weeks later than usual. Perhaps the "leaves" at Greenleaf are taking longer to bloom for the same reason. :hmm:

• Like 4

One of the workers at a local greenhouse mentioned that because of the harsh winter, most of the plants around here are coming into their own about two weeks later than usual. Perhaps the "leaves" at Greenleaf are taking longer to bloom for the same reason. :hmm:

I love this suggestion. It is a perfect thought starter for the Fling, and so much more. Very interesting.

I love all of the positive thinking :-) however, a little communication from home base would be appreciated I'm sure.

AMEN to that !!

• Like 2

Leaving on vaca to a somewhat remote part of Wyoming tomorrow so I wont be checking in, but I hope you all have some news (By Tuesday? Tuesday seems reasonable) . Have a great long weekend everyone! Remember to breathe :-)

• Like 1

Well, we need something to look forward to after a holdiay weekend. So yes, Tuesday will be nice, because Memorial Day starts the countdown to the summer season, so spring is dwindling down, even though it wasn't much of a spring in many parts of the country.

Yes, down here in the south we had our three days of spring (LOL!), it is summer hot outside. Where has our Spring Fling flung off to?

There haven't been any sneak peeks or talk from the Admins yet. That usually comes first. Tracey (minis on the edge) usually has preview info to talk about way ahead of the reveal. I'm definitely not holding my breath.

There haven't been any sneak peeks or talk from the Admins yet. That usually comes first. Tracey (minis on the edge) usually has preview info to talk about way ahead of the reveal. I'm definitely not holding my breath.

Hmmm...maybe they are hesitant on the sneak peeks since that one time the "peeked version" didn't make it into the final product and a few folks complained...I was really hoping it would be posted this weekend...and yes, without some previews, it does feel like we a totally in the dark on when this may happen...sigh, patience is a virtue, right?!?

Tappy

I just wish that they would say "if" it's going to happen. I am beginning to wonder. This has been a long wait....

I agree Casey. It's taken the fun out of it for me.

It doesn't have to be that way for anyone else of course. I hope they have it and lots of folks enter.

I'm patient usually but with nothing to look forward to and no word of anything happening, it's become too discouraging for me. If they do end up doing it this year, I'm not planning on entering. After I finish my clean up, I'm just going to pick up with kits/builds that I've not finished yet. I might purchase the kit if it "spoke" to me and put it in my stash but I guess I've lost my mojo for it as a contest and a motivator.

It's always been a highlight of the year for me in the past and something to spur me on to get busy being creative.

It's just how it has set with me this year. I know I sound pessimistic but I guess I really am in this instance.

• Like 1

It seems to me, the problem is in our expectations, not with Greenleaf. I am having a wonderful time 'warming up' for the Fling. My half scale Buttercup is loving this. If and when the Fling is announced, hopefully I will be well prepared :)

• Like 1

It seems to me, the problem is in our expectations, not with Greenleaf.

Yes, I agree. It is my expectations. 'nuff said from me - no, too much said from me. Sorry.

Yes, I agree. It is my expectations. 'nuff said from me - no, too much said from me. Sorry.

Don't apologize. We are ALL having a difficult time with the Fling schedule. I learned many years ago some saying I can't remember about adjusting my expectations when possible. I wasn't trying to reprimand anyone. I was trying to encourage everyone and didn't get the point out well :( My sorry :(

Expectations: I am, as I said, warming up for the fling :) My mouse house is going strong and I have another build in progress and one in the planning stages for a half scale project. All three projects are practice for fling. If the fling appeals, yea! If it doesn't, I'm good to go. I quit expecting it to happen I guess :(

And honestly, especially Selkie, I meant no disrespect. Maybe my disappointment shows when people get discouraged. I love to fling and hate to think any of my fling friends might drop out :(