Wish GL Would Make A Small Modern Brookwood Type House

This sounds like a great plan! Modern day furniture is so much bigger than antique furniture and the newer houses must have bigger rooms (study, laundry, family room, hobby room etc). While I love all the gingerbread trim, I find that a lot of the GL houses look very similar. I still get confused between a few of the designs :dunce: . That's why I also love my Lily, Magnolia, Harrison and Willowcrest - I can easily tell them apart hahahahahahahaha.

I like a lot of variety in the house exteriors too. The internet has introduced us to every possible architectural style worldwide and now we can all appreciate the large variety of styles on offer.

I would love a village with a Tuscan house, a Venetian palazzo, a Cape Dutch vineyard house from South Africa, an arabesque palace with minarets.... :drool:

• Like 1

As a business, I'm sure they have to consider what sells, but maybe they should experiment with different styles with the spring flings....

It looks to me as though this is precisely what Dean & crew have been doing the past three or four Flings...

I've always seen the Brookwood as being my Art Deco house but with that tall front and those gorgeous windows, it lends itself nicely to an open floorplan with a Great Room. The style that I'd love to do is an adobe house and once upon a time I'd picked out the perfect kit for it but darned if I can remember which one it was. There are so many different architectural styles that Greenleaf could never cover them all, but they do make every kit extremely bashable so they can be anything you want them to be. With a couple of whirrs from my jigsaw, I turned the Coventry Cottage into an Edo period Japanese house because it was a style that I really wanted to do.

The people who are Greenleaf are very visionary and creative individuals, from Grandfather Roberts all the way to Dean and Lisa. The whole company was founded by a man who could see the potential in every scrap of wood and I think they've always been dedicated to providing kits that aren't restricted by the picture on the box. That's why the pictures of the houses on the boxes are fairly generic.....they allow us to see the "bones" of the house and build our own vision around it. They know we're artists and they provide us with a canvas upon which to create. At least that's the way I see each kit. It can be built exactly as the picture on the box or it can be personalized to become whatever you want it to be.....either way you'll have a dollhouse that you're proud to call your own.

Deb (and her Muse)

• Like 6

:blush: ...... that's me, I always go for the one odd thing instead of following the crowd!

,Me too! Always x.

PS

I suspect that the preponderance of gingerbread trim adds to the seeming similarity in so many GL designs.

• Like 1