10/07/06 Scarey Monster

Well I am also inclinced to have those "real life" monsters, the ones that can be your neighbours or live amongst your circle of "friends" or atleast in your vincinity.

Hugs

Ted Bundy and others like him.
I think that the human monster is by far the scariest of all

I absolutely agree. I was a prison nurse for a year and it was the most evil place I've ever worked!

For real monsters, Yes sick deranged Human beings who do awful things to other people and animals.

For made up monsters...I still have nightmares every once in a blue moon over Zombies from Night of the living dead..."I can smell your brains!" :thumb:

No doubt about it . . . human monsters are at the top of the list!

Made up monsters . . . the 'Clown' in the movie 'IT'. Clowns freak me out!!

Although, wasn't John Wayne Gasey a clown?

He certainly was. It is so funny because several of the ones you all mentioned came to my mind actually. I was gonna make a poll with this and decided not too because of the fact that the real life Monsters (Some mentioned above) are scarey for real!!

I thought of clowns and then thought of John Wayne Gasey too. He dressed as a clown for kids parties.

hmmm. Me if you mess with me before noon. LOL Just ask my family.

I'm the same way, don't come near me until noon or I have had at least 3 cups of coffee, which ever comes first :lolol: .

Human beings are definately the scariest monsters, especially if they attack defenseless children (like that crazy guy who shot the Amish girls, that guy was a true monster)

People have always scared me more than "monsters". And I'll try to contain the whole "werewolf as the representation of the dual nature of good and evil and the hidden human monsters in our midst" schpeal. So to top the list - people.

For a legendary monster I'd have to say that the creature commonly reffered to as "The Moth Man" tops the list.

As for movie monsters.. again.. people at the top (I was well into my mid 20's before I could ever watch Psycho and I have Never watched Texas Chainsaw Massecre) .. Other than the human ones the one in Jeepers Creepers really got to me.. that was scarey.

-David

i agree completely that people can be the most frightening of monsters. but to split things into two sorts of catagories...

real: Erszébet Bathory

monstery: i've always been inexplicably ansy about harpies. no doubt it's because of The Last Unicorn, but even now as an (almost) grown-up i can hardly think of anything scarier. ell, ok, a harpy under my bed would be the be-all-end-all of scary. :wave:

The scariest monster I can think of? My ex. He's a sociopath with psychotic tendencies.

I'm not sure that "monsters" actually scare me. I love vampires and werewolves and when I watched scary movies, I was always looking for the zipper on the back of the suit. :lol: (I suffer from excessive contact with reality) Zombies are kinda disgusting just because they can't seem to keep themselves together. (one should never invite a zombie to a dinner party)

Deb

Well it all started when I was 7 when I was scared for life when my mom let me watch the movie "IT". Since then I have been deathly afraid of clowns. I hate then, i get so scared and freak out. The other day i was driving home from work and looked to my right and someone in a clown suit was in the car next to me. i swear i almost crashed my car.

lol

yall crack me up!

I am not scared of monsters per say

I am more scared of the unknown...what is behind the next corner

but I have to say my son Jason loves to wear our evil clown mask in the haunt and he always gets good screams.

although the tooth fairy in that movie Darkness falls...kinda creeped me OUT

nutti :lol:

real: Erszébet Bathory

:lol:

Isnt she the woman who used to lure young women to her castle and killed them and used their blood cause she thought it would keep her young? Like drinking it and bathing in it? My oldest dd told me all about her a few years ago. Creepy!!

No doubt about it . . . human monsters are at the top of the list!

Made up monsters . . . the 'Clown' in the movie 'IT'. Clowns freak me out!!

Although, wasn't John Wayne Gasey a clown?

AGH!!! Penny Wise don't clowns in general just creap you out! (Sorry if any of you out there are clowns by profession) But when I was a little kid I was soo scarred of them. It may have had somehting to do with tkiller clowns from outer space.....

Monsters....hmmm

Does the box from Hellraiser count? It calls the monsters if you move it the wrong way.....

I agree that people scare me..

And all scary movies scare me, I just was telling my mom when I was little and would get scared I would sleep in the floor between my brothers twin beds... LOL

mini hugs

Jennifer