Do you stay up to work on your minis too?

Luanne

I am the opposite. I am like Ben Franklin. "Early to bed, early to rise.". I am usually up by four thirty. Having lain in bed since three thirty, thinking about what I am going to do for thr day. I never sleep past six. That's late for me.

I have also zoned out into the wee hours of the next day, but my workroom was off our bedroom in that house, so when I came stumbling in to bed it was just a matter of walking through a pair of foam-back portieres and falling into bed without looking at the clock. At least with the new workshop I won't be tempted to work past dark and risk tripping over tree roots and falling coming back to the house.

I'm a night owl too. :hehe: Only problem for me these past few years is having to be up by 5:30 AM to start the day for kiddos to get off to school. That inhibits my personal preferences considerably. :ermm:

I'm also a night owl :hehe: usually I'm up pretty late working on various projects (either dollhouse stuff or doll commissions) and I stayed up till 2 this week working on a scratch built 1:144th house to put in my Orchid :)

Edited by anthrogirl

I love staying up half the night working on mini stuff, no one to bother me :) I don't sleep a lot anyway , so when my back and hip get to hurting I get up and go back to work. I've been on a sewing kick lately, making mini people. :)

• Like 1

I love staying up half the night working on mini stuff, no one to bother me :) I don't sleep a lot anyway , so when my back and hip get to hurting I get up and go back to work. I've been on a sewing kick lately, making mini people. :)

I hope you'll post pictures when they're done.

There's a part of me that envies you might owls...:p I haven't been able to do it though. Staying up that late makes me start fumbling and I would be so side tracked by the question of "how late is it?" that I wouldn't be able to concentrate. I rather work all day with small interruptions to use the toilet. If I could wear diapers I would...lol

• Like 1

When I had a choice I worked night shift and slept through the morning into early afternoon. Then my first job after Nursing School and the hospital I accepted the job being promised night shift and then worked for 11 months at all three shifts (evening shift being my absolutely worst from a health standpoint); after I gave my notice I got to work the night shift at the location I learned I was supposed to be hired for, so I felt even better about my decision to leave. I also found that eleven months had completely messed up my circadian rhythm, so now although I don't feel particularly tired at midnight, if I'm not in bed by then I have a hard time getting up in the AM.

I have often stayed up till 4 or 5 o'clock in the night, sometimes even stayed up all night, obsessed with trying out something for just one more time.... maybe it is age related but lately I've noticed I get a lot slower as the night progresses.

Probably it is more healthy and more productive to work on minis during the day time :) I guess :):)

You guys crack me up!

During weekdays, I get to work on my minis for 30 minutes - 1 hour only.

About last night, I forgot to mention that I started on my minis around midnight after work and tv, so it wasn't a full shift after my normal work shift .

Sam- Will you post pictures of your 1:144 house?

Holly- your detached office/ hobby room is our dream. One day.. One day....

You guys crack me up!

During weekdays, I get to work on my minis for 30 minutes - 1 hour only.

About last night, I forgot to mention that I started on my minis around midnight after work and tv, so it wasn't a full shift after my normal work shift .

Sam- Will you post pictures of your 1:144 house?

Holly- your detached office/ hobby room is our dream. One day.. One day....

I'll be sure to post pictures of my 1:144 house soon, it's nothing fancy (just a 1 room cottage) but I'm proud of it :)

• Like 1

I have been known to stay up to the wee hours shingling the roof of my dollhouse......once until 3:30 am! Now I have to take medication at night that puts me to sleep so I am in bed by 10:30 and awake around 6:00am. I would be sleeping a lot less if I wasn't on the meds. I loose track of time completely when I am working on a project.

Stay up late? I did not ask for family input on this as I know already, I would never hear the end of it. Yes, I stay up late to work on mini's or other hobbies. I never get up earlier than I have to but I am well known for staying up all night and having a nap the next day. Yes, I have sleep issues, no, nothing can be done about it and I don't care. I LOVE to craft the night away. I knit, read, draw and mini. All fabulous four letter words :) And it doesn't hurt that everyone else is asleep and not bothering me.

• Like 2

I am a freelance editor, so I can do my paid work just about anytime of the day or night. When I've done a lot of editing and proofreading, and my brain just plain hurts, it can be relaxing to work into the evening on the minis. I prefer to work on them in the daylight hours, when I can see better, though I am total night owl by nature. My problem-solving skills are much better during the daylight hours, that's for sure!.

• Like 1