Newbie from Germany

Hello,

I'm new in this Forum. My Name is Christine and I live in Germany - nearly Stuttgart a Little village Allmendingen

(sorry for my bad englisch - I hope you understand me).

And now I want say to all members THANKS for all the nice sides, help, Pictures, tipps .......for my new Hobby/intersting...... around the dollhouses.

Since last year I look in this forum Pictures about Dura Craft dollhouses

and now I finished the first San Franciscan SF550 last month, but without this Forum I can't finished the San Franciscan.

In the past - I built Dollhouses from Del Prado (German Modellhouses - but since I see the american Dollhouses from Greenleaf and Dura Craft - I sell the old dollhouses and bought one kit by Ebay )

Last Week I start the new Project dollhouse Heritage HR 560 ........... but It is very heavy to buy dollhouses in the Usa for a german Person -

Please can everyone help me? - I search for buy the Dollhouses

Marquam Hill

Quenn Ane

Cristview

or other modells from Dura Craft

It is not easy to buy this dollhouses for me, and in Germany gives no so nice dollhouses. And I love it so - to built this houses.

Please contact me - if you can help me.

Thanks for this Forum and all the members

Hello Christine, and welcome to the forum! Herzlich willkommen im Forum!

For the sake of the majority of our members I will answer in English - and for your sake I will add the German translation right underneath each sentence.

Fuer die Mehrheit unserer Mitglieder werde ich in English antworten, und fuer Dich die deutsche Uebersetzung unter jeden Satz schreiben.

Dura Craft houses are occasionally popping up on ebay - we all are on the lookout for them, however, that does not guarantee that the seller will ship to Germany.

Dura Craft Haeuser tauchen immer mal wieder in ebay auf - jeder hier schaut danach, allerdings garantiert das nicht, dass der Verkaeufer nach Deutschland verschickt.

Shipping is ridiculously expensive. Versandkosten sind unglaublich teuer.

Have you tried ebay.co.uk - it might be cheaper than getting them in the US.

Hast Du ebay.co.uk ausprobiert - ist wahrscheinlich billiger als in den US einzukaufen.

What exactly do you want help with? Mit was genau brauchst Du Hilfe?

Just answer in this topic - if needed I'll translate. If you're not sure you will be understood - write the sentence in German and I will make sure to translate for everyone here.

Antworte hier im Beitrag - falls noetig werde ich uebersetzen. Wenn Du Dir nicht sicher bist - schreib den Satz einfach in Deutsch und Ich werde dann fuer alle uebersetzen.

• Like 3

Welcome to the little family, Christine, and thank you, Chris, for translating for us all.

The Dura-Craft company went out of business many years ago, so the only kits you will find are what other people bought and didn't build. The first kit I ever built, over 20 years ago, was the Dura-Craft SF555 San Franciscan. I gave it to my eldest granddaughter when she was 12 and when we attended her highschool graduation and I asked her half-sister if she still played with it I found out the house has not existed since before the younger half-sister was old enough to remember it.

I have also built the Dura-Craft Cambridge and I have their Newberg kit still in the box, to build one day.

I must say I like building the Greenleaf kits slightly better. I haven't yet met a kit I didn't like, but some were more fun to build than others. And shipping from the US to overseas is obsene.

A thought (and WELCOME to this wonderful place), do you have any Military friends nearby. Their shipping might be less and you can give them $$ for the help. I spend 7 years in the Eifel and really miss the food. Sad commentary on my part but German food is awesome!!!.. Again welcome and good luck.

• Like 1

Hello Soapz,

You can write perfect german (learned you it in Germany???) Danke für die Übersetzungshilfe - gerne komme ich gelegentlich darauf zurück - but I want learn better englisch and all perrson here nice......

Last month I have luck and one nice Person (Ebay) send the Dollhouse kit Heritage via Ebay to Germany (okay is expensive with all the custom-taxes, but therefore I've a second Job ....)

Ebay GB have not so nice kits as in USA Dura Craft. And in Germany gives a new dollhouse-Project 'dorfpuppenhaus' - this series (100pieces) cost's every piece 8,99€ x100 pieces ->899,-€ for one dollhouse and I have to wait 2 years. And I can't wait so long time for one dollhouse.

bye Chrissy

• Like 1

Hello havanholly,

I will give my 'San Franciscan' to my brother's daughter - she is 6 years old in two month.....and she loves her dolls.

I built now thenext one and search in the Internet the next kit.....

Hello Christine. Welcome to the forum. I am german too but I do not have the experience of building dollhouses since I am working on my first one. If you need a translation I might be able to help you,. The people in this forum will help you very much and are very kind so do not be afraid to ask. For me it is very helpful to look at other peoples projects to come along with my house,. Here you can get many tipps and tricks and like I said there is just very nice people and always feel free to ask if you need a translation.

So Willkommen bei uns.

Liebe Grüße

Anja

• Like 2

hello,

here are very nice People, I'm lucky to find you.....

and to meet you in this forum......

Anja and Soapz nice to meet you here..........(if you want something from Germany, please let me know....I will look then, what I can do.....)

What's your Food favorites - then I can sent it to you..........(next Weekend - at hte Moment I have a lot of work in buissisness)

bye Chrissy

• Like 1

Hi Chrissy, and welcome to our site. Your English is fine, as you make yourself completely understandable. Anja is also German, like she said, and it is so nice to be able to "talk" to people from different areas of the world.

I am so happy your San Franciscan house turned out so well, and I hope you find the other houses you are looking for. In time, I am thinking you will.

• Like 1

Chrissy,and Anja,too,I took half a year of German in high school-I'm 57 years old-and I honestly could not hold a conversation with either of you in Deutsch,but I think it is one of the most beautiful languages in the world! I will have to see about the recipes you offer-I can't recall if I've had any German dishes before,but I am game! I am so glad you have both joined recently-it's more proof how universally wonderful our hobby is! ^_^ Welcome to the fun!Kat

• Like 1

German is an extrem hard language to learn I think, Kat. Your so right about that the love of minitures does get people all over the world together. What a great thought something that small makes people talk nice to each other and help each other.
Just a thought. :)