I would like to dust off my pierce green leaf Victorian house ! It is assembled but unfinished , I would like to electrify it. It hAs been sitting for years! Now I have young grandchildren and want to finish the project! I guess I need the instructions... Ha

• Like 2

Most of us who electrify were once someplace between intimidated and scared silly -- and then we tackled it and were pleasantly surprised. To the best of my knowledge, we've not had any accidental electrocutions in this group. :D

Ask all the questions you need to. Somebody will have an answer.

• Like 1

Hello my fellow New Jerseyite. Hopefully the Dollhouse Factory in Lebanon, NJ wouldn't be too far to drive to. It's out of your immediate area, but it would make a nice Sunday drive. The owners don't work on Greenleaf dollhouses, but they would be able to answer your questions about electricity, and they have plenty of supplies. The only other dollhouse shop I know of that is in New Jersey is Circus Dollhouse in Pompton Plains.

Your part of New Jersey is a bit like heaven for most of us because it is close to Cherry Hill, and that is where the Philadelphia Miniaturia takes place. Unfortunately that occurs in November, however, and I have the feeling you want to start working on your house now. I also have the feeling your house will turn out great.

• Like 1

Hi Kathy, im in the UK, I dont know if you know of The Dolls House Emporium, it has a catalogue, I learnt how to electrify from that, I found the hardest part was putting the wire back in the plugs, they are so tiny.The have a online catalogue, not sure if the wiring details will be on that though?

Just had a look I think you would need the paper catalogue.

Edited by debworth
  • Like 1

Thanks Everybody! For your helpful suggestions! I will definitely take advantage of your help when I have questions. Also will look forward to the Philadelphia miniaturia event this fall! Thanks NJ friend, Rackey!

• Like 1

I really like the battery operated lights, and for a good reason. I wouldn't have lights any other way, as I chose not to deal with electric wiring.

Some people don't think the battery-operated lights are as bright as the electric ones, but I found the lighting to be very effective. The only drawback that I found with the battery lights is that there is a much greater variety of styles with the electric lights.

• Like 2