Personality pictures

Selkie

After Deb posted her picture, it got me thinking about how people "picture" us by our personalities. We create mental images of ourselves and how we think others perceive us, as well as, how others picture us who have never seen us.

I thought it would be fun to post pictures of how we think others "see" us through our postings and comments, etc.

I'll start with 3 pictures.

The first picture is kind of my motto.

Next is how folks see me on my formal or good day picture.

And last is how folks see me on my yucky day picture.

• Like 4

Oh Selkie, you are so far off. Wanna know how I see you most of the time?

post-329-0-53575600-1400955319_thumb.jpg

There are days when you feel like this:

post-329-0-71593500-1400955403_thumb.jpg

And then there are other, not so good days when I think you feel like this:

post-329-0-37998700-1400955446_thumb.jpg

But you're always you. I don't picture you as being of any particular age either, just timeless and classic.

My Avatar is how I think I appear to a lot of people. LOL! No, seriously, I do. I'm silly and sort of out there most of the time. I'm going to be 53 this fall but most people think I'm either much older because of my health problems or much younger because I seldom act my age.

However, this is how my mother raised me and I think it "shows" in how people perceive me:

post-329-0-77814600-1400956524_thumb.jpg

But this is probably the image that most people have of me.

post-329-0-10369000-1400956610_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

EXCELLENT topic Selkie, and so true. I have often thought how fun it would be to have every member get together. No talk, everyone vote who they think is who, play a big game to get reactions, etc. I think it would be hysterical to see who all is the opposite of what we might expect. That being said, has anyone here ever met Elanor Peace Bailey? (It's been years, did I spell it right?)

well this is how I saw myself until ankle injuries forced me off the ice:

*insert drawing of cow on figure skates here cause I don't know how to do that*

Now, its just this

*insert photo of cow*

• Like 5

Love it Deana !!! I can identify with the third one SO much!!! That's been my winter self.

And perfect for holly, Deb. (Love that movie, btw)

And thank you Deb for the Selkie pics. I adore my Selkie stories. Esp love the second one (under the cool quiet water with my chicks AH-h-h-h)

Morticia - oh, she is one cracker jack lady - must be you then !!!

Come on folks, let's us see your personalities too!!

Okay Barbie

Would either of these work for you?

The Then Cow

On skates in pretty pink competition costume with gold medal, of course.

The Now Cow

Strawberry milk cow (still in pink of course)

• Like 2

I don't have any cool pictures like those all of you have shown, but my impression is that most people think of me as being funny, so the picture would definitely be humorous. Once I came across a drawing of a girl with stick figure-like hair surrounding her head like a halo. She had a wide Chesire cat grin, and she was typing away.

I cut out the picture and placed it over my company ID that contained my real picture. We needed to have our IDs at all times to gain access to certain places in the building, and the card worked even with the fake picture over it. When I had to show my ID, I would tell people that Security took a really bad picture of me, so I replaced it with something more appropriate.

I really wasn't that happy to be at work, but I was drawn to the picture and think it definitely reflected something about me. I tried to cut and paste my own stick-figure "self-portrait" of me that I "drew" from using "shapes" on the Insert tab, but the picture doesn't come through.

I used to post pictures using the "more reply options" button--lately however, this is what it says even before I try to post a photo. Did something get changed? "You can upload up to Uploading is not allowed of files (Max. single file size: 20MB)'

Debra, are you using Internet Explorer? The last time I upgraded, I lost all the fun features of the forum, including posting pictures in a comment field. After the security breach with IE I switched to Chrome and now it all works again.

I used to post pictures using the "more reply options" button--lately however, this is what it says even before I try to post a photo. Did something get changed? "You can upload up to Uploading is not allowed of files (Max. single file size: 20MB)'

You have probably used up your attachment limit, which is 20MB. This is totally different from your albums. Go to My settings (drops down from your name at the top right). Select Manage attachments. It will show all the items you have inserted into posts. Go through and delete the old ones and your little meter at the top will go back down. Leave your more recent ones in still so your more recent posts still make sense. It's a quick and easy fix.

To prevent that from happening, always upload into an album (use a Miscellaneous album for that sort of thing) and then use the My Media button to select from your albums what you want to put in a post. That way it does not add to the total in your attachment amount.

I am not a photo poster yet,but I am still comparatively new here(1 year)and I look at a lot of past forum posts (and I mean a lot that are from years and years ago!) and now it makes more sense why so many of them will mention a photo of something they've built,bought,etc. and,well,nothing's there-no photo. I am assuming from what you are saying,Selkie,that they deleted the photo to raise their attachment allowance.

So,my hope is that others will post their photos in the way you suggest,from a miscellaneous album,for example,so that years from now,those posts will still make sense to those who come across them!

I know,I don't even post photos yet,so why am I inserting myself in the conversation. But,well,I just know,when I am searching for something,that it would be so nice to see that fantastic chair,or bathroom set up,or the great siding job,etc that everyone is commenting on,but is no longer there to be seen and enjoyed or learned from...Just my 2 cents. I promise I will practice what I preach when I do start an album... :D

Boy,that was waaaay off topic! I can't find a suitable photo,but I am sure others would picture me as a naggy,bossy old woman!LOL But,being that I used to be a quiet little mouse that got stepped on all the time,that's okay with me!;)

So,my hope is that others will post their photos in the way you suggest,from a miscellaneous album,for example,so that years from now,those posts will still make sense to those who come across them!

Kat, it is the best way to do it but we haven't always had the My Media button. It came in one of the more recent upgrades.

So, previously, when you were out of space in your attachment folder, something had to go. I try to chose carefully if I have to delete.

The attachment allotment pertains to pics in your PM's as well. It's good to go through and delete PM messages from time to time because, no only do you have the image allotment, you also have message storage allotment and it's surprising how quickly it fills up.

• Like 1

Thanx for the additional info,Selkie-I had wondered if the upgrades made some difference,too. I agree,I am very behind myself in deleting some PMs. Glad you made me think of it!:) Overall,we are so lucky to have the past posts and photos to look at;because of that I learn something fun and new on the Forum just about every single day!:)