Hi all,

Is there anywhere on the www with a complete and continually updated calendar/schedule of all miniature shows-fairs-sales being held? I know at least one of the magazines takes a stab at it, but I'm pretty sure it's not comprehensive (and you have to have a current copy of the mag around for that to be of help anyway), and I know if you can remember the names of the show organizers, you can go to their websites, but I have a hankering to go to a show this weekend and I don't care which direction I travel in, and I just wanted to know IF there is a show, anywhere in daytripping range, and all my web-searches haven't found a site that seems to be doing this.

(I am in the U.S., so I admit that I'm thinking of my local area—greater Philadelphia region—today, but wouldn't it be wonderful if there was a site so comprehensive it would tell you of shows in other countries as well?! I'm sure you guys outside of the U.S. get a hankering for a quickly arranged mini-daytrip on occasion!!)

It seems like if there were a show-calendar site, it would be pretty popular to visit... or maybe that's just me? It's not the first time I've wondered this—sometimes when I'm already elsewhere on a trip, I wonder if there might be a nice mini show near where I'm at or where I'm going, but I haven't tried as hard to find such a site as I did today. And came up empty—either there isn't one, or maybe can't think of a good search term to locate such a thing. Hoping you folks will know!

Thanks, Deana. Saw the second one, and like you say it seems comprehensive is not to be—but I didn't find that first link in my search this morning, and though it isn't comprehensive [i can see (or can't see) a couple in Pennsylvania that aren't listed], it does have a nice grouping and gets outside of the U.S., as well.

Looks like cobbling things on- and off-line together is as good as it gets. Ah, well.

Deana and Holly, thanks so much for posting your links to the different shows. Kelly, I don't think it is possible for one site to post every dollhouse show, as any site would have to depend on the show organizers to post or report the event, so there will always be several "misses."

I do, however, think your idea is great, and maybe someone in NAME or another organization will be able to reach out into a wider miniature community and provide a more comprehensive list. I, for one, would love to know about any dollhouse shows in the area if I were traveling out of state, and I would love attending one outside the United States.

Deana and Holly, thanks so much for posting your links to the different shows. Kelly, I don't think it is possible for one site to post every dollhouse show, as any site would have to depend on the show organizers to post or report the event, so there will always be several "misses."

I do, however, think your idea is great, and maybe someone in NAME or another organization will be able to reach out into a wider miniature community and provide a more comprehensive list. I, for one, would love to know about any dollhouse shows in the area if I were traveling out of state, and I would love attending one outside the United States.

If I were juuuuust a touch geekier, and had the free time (the real barrier), I think what's required is for someone to set themselves up with a comprehensive list of the websites of every (or as close to every as possible) show, put it all into a Google calendar or iCal or somesuch, whatever can be uploaded to the www and auto-synced without much trouble, and then set email reminders on each entry, to update once a year. Rather than waiting for organizers to come to them... which seems to be the downfall of most websites with partial listings, and even the downfall of Miniature Collector's print listings. (I get a few international mags now and then, but I don't think I've seen anyone else doing print listings besides MC... or maybe my memory is failing me... but when doing it that way, waiting for them to come to you is going to mean things get forgotten sometimes.)

MC is actually pretty far along on this, since they have years of data they could mine for the initial setup, and they could put out calls with a bullhorn for show organizers to get more info to them to get it started—and they have staff, which we regular folks don't—but they're not doing it, more's the pity. And of course there are those sites which have some shows they keep up on, so it's really a matter of expanding, and then automating to make it less work, but I can understand how it might seem like more work.

(It would be SO cool to have that calendar housed here, where there's a lively community of interested folks, but integrating such a thing into a forum architecture is beyond me even if I were king of the Greenleaf forums and had access to the inner workings. Finding out how to do that/ can it be done would be a project in itself.)

I'd venture that there can't be more than a couple of dozen shows worldwide in a month. So after an initial setup it would be maybe a half-an-hour a month to check a couple of dozen websites, and I was really hoping some lovely geeky mini-fanatic was already doing it and maybe I just missed finding it this morning. But starting from zero, the setup would be painful.

Well, I reckon I'll just have to do something at home this weekend. :(

Probably, something productive. :(

And necessary. :(:(:(