This Saturday, 10:00am - 4:00pm:

The Stockton mini show – Miniatures on the Waterfront

University Plaza Waterfront Hotel

110 W. Fremont St., Stockton, CA 95203

admission is $6 at the door - $3 children 12 and under

Saturday July 19, 2014 9am – 3pm:

Peg’s Doll House Flea Market and Sale

2271 Melbrook Way, Santa Rosa, CA 95405

This is the first I've heard of either of these, but I visited Peg's shop before she moved to Santa Rosa and it was lots of fun. I love the mini flea markets even better than the big shows like Good Sam.

Has anyone been to the Stockton show before? I'm intrigued but it's a bit of a hike for me without knowing how big and what sort of vendors. Their website is here but the dealers page is blank.

I think Dollhouses Trains and More is also holding their parking lot sale again this summer, but not until August.

I attended the Stockton show last year. I think that was the second year it was held. It was nothing compared to Good Sam probably more like Champs although I have not been to the Champs show in many years.

I probably will not be going this year as the website does not list the dealers that will be in attendance. I think every show in the country lists dealers on their website so I am wondering why that has not been done this time around. I am really hesitant to make a long drive without knowing who will and who will not be there.

I have pretty much limited my show attendance to Good Sam and Chicago International.

Valerie

Emily, thanks for the info! I didn't know about it, but I'll definitely go to Peg's. She is a joy and one of the people who got me started in this hobby decades ago :) She's great fun to talk to and hear the stories of when she got started :D

Stockton is really probably too far for me.

I haven't been to the new place, but the old one was more like when the American Pickers look through someone's barn. She had a building outside her house with tons of minis from estate sales etc. So not really a traditional mini shop, but lots of fun just the same.

Ended up going to the Stockton show today. Hoping S.H. Goode & Sons would be there so I could pick up some additional half scale flooring but they were not. Had 24 dealers and some great houses for sale. Had a completed, in need of reno, Lawbre Shadowcliff a Lawbre French Country Shell for $500.00 (great deal huge house), an RGT Thornhill (first time I have seen a Thornhill built and it is huge) just to name a few. Had quite a few half scale houses. One was an adorable half scale RGT First Lady (marked $400.00) - very tempting. Lost count how many times I went back to look at it. It was assembled but no work had been started on it. Only problems were the windows and exterior trim were solidly glued in place. Windows and trim are no longer available since the house was discontinued so long ago. I hope it sells at the show so I can't cave in a few days from now - I should discard the seller's contact info right now.

Valerie

• Like 1

Thanks for the info! Were all the half scale houses at the same table? Who was the seller? (Just wondering if it's someone who might be at Peg's parking lot sale or Champs later this year...)

Maybe I'll suck it up and do the drive to the Stockton show next year.

• Like 1

Emily, I don't know if she owns all the houses that were at the show but they all (1" & 1/2") had her contact info on them. It must have been a huge job getting all those houses to the show. Between her and her mother (Lola's Originals) they had eight tables with various minis and then seven tables full of just houses. I see she is listed as a dealer at the 2014 Champs show so maybe all the houses or at least some will be there. I have made a couple of purchases from her on ebay but I don't see where she lists any houses on there.

D. Sierck, Ltd, Debbie Heard, Lodi, CA

Valerie

• 2 months later...