One day project

Ken

This is a scroll saw project , Saw an article liked it so gave it a try. Did these 5 in about 5 hours that's with old man breaks and waiting for glue to dry. Last night and this morning put on a coat of shellac - when dry sanded with 320 grit then buffed out.

And they really work well. These will be going off to grandchildren and great grand children. The parent and grand parents should reall enjoy these - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

DSCF4650_zpscb9ed266.jpg

DSCF4649_zps7256ac84.jpg

• Like 6

Beautiful work Ken!

Now I'm thinking of wooden recorders and harmonicas. Can you even make a wooden harmonica? Just thinkin' aloud :D

Working Harmonica??? If working I could be wrong I think they have reeds inside that would put a damper on things lol.. Not working sure you could build one.

I agree - they are wonderful. They remind me a little bit of the train whistles we find at the train shows. My littlest loves his.

Revenge of the grandpa! Love the whistles--they are beautiful.

Yes - And when I don't have a loud toy - It's Mountain Dew and a chocolate ice cream.. That usually does the trick - :bigwink:

• Like 2

We were unusual parents. We got DS#3 a fireman's helmet from Radio Shack that took batteries to activate a rotating red light and a siren. We could always tell where he was when he was playing with it.

• Like 6