Scratch building a 1/24 house!

Suzy

So, I decided to design and build my own half scale modern house! My husband "persuaded" me to draw up plans and build it in cardboard first instead of just cutting up wood and hoping for the best...I have to admit he might have a tiny point :bangin: . Building a cardboard version really helped me work out the shape of the interior walls and I'm really pleased with it so far!post-3008-0-28356900-1403623540_thumb.jp

I'll start an album for my build soon :D

• Like 5

Yes, please start an album as soon as you can! I think your husband had a good idea because if the plans don't work out, you can always get more cardboard, and if they did work, you can use the cardboard as templates.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So my little modern house is finally ready to display! I have built in display units in my living room that are perfect for smaller builds, and I think this house goes really well with the Brookwood above it :Dpost-3008-0-99920300-1415299252_thumb.jp

There are a couple more pics in the album too.

Oh wow, I love your display. What a wonderful idea too. I was thinking of getting a book case for the living room so I can display my quarter scale bashes too but yours is great. I love your bashed dollhouses! You did a great job replicating them in half scale.