6/25/14 What made you smile recently?

My big smile came Monday PM when we went to a benefit for one of our local musicians who recently had a stroke; he was there, and he is making a full recovery, and that made me smile!

• Like 5

The other day, while I was talking to a friend on the phone, I looked out the window and saw my 91-year-old father trimming a backyard shrub. He likes doing yard work, but sometimes he covers his mouth and nose with a face mask so as not to breath in allergins. This time instead of a face mask, he covered himself with a red handkerchief that looked like a bandana. It made him look like a masked madman with a chain saw (only instead of a chain saw, he had hedge clippers).

My friend told me take a picture, and I did, but I don't know how to download the picture here, so maybe I will post it in the gallery. I found his appearance amusing, but I guess the thing I should really be smiling about is that he is still going strong at 91.

• Like 4

I took a dive straight back to the 80s watch Greatest American Hero. Agt. Bill Maxwell was talking about Ralph's anxiety about having the suit and he made me smile when he said, "Let's not make this into something so big we can't carry it our saddle bags." Words to live by.

• Like 2

We have these sweet little Cloudless Sulphur butterlies around here that are a gorgeous bright green.

1RFKWR3KVRYKVRI0OQ70OQ3KVRZQDQM0FQ90R0W0

When I was a little girl I used to think they were fairies. Today I was sitting on the patio with the misters on and two little "fairies" came to play in the mist. They flittered and fluttered and did figure 8s in the way only butterflies can do. That made me smile to watch them play and then the memory of my childhood fairies made me smile again so that was a double!

• Like 2

Joy, that reminded me of the "Cops" episode we watched last night; a man was texting while driving and rolled his car and crashed it; miraculously he walked away, but his little white fluffy dog was still in the car and wouldn't come out for anything, just sat cowering and barking. The police officer who got him out put on a pair of firemaen's gloves and the little dog howled, bit & squirmed to get away until the officer stood up and began to pet him' and then handed him to his owner, and the dog was obviously in delight! We all smiled at that one.

• Like 1

Lightening bugs. :) Seems in recent years their numbers had decreased. I can remember nights sitting out and we would remark "where are the lightening bugs?" And then we would launch into childhood stories filled with summer nites, fireflies and mason jars.

Well, last nite I went out on the deck to herd Max back into the house...and suddenly noticed that our back yard was filled with little dancing lights, and our pine trees were twinkling like giant Christmas trees!! "Oh! There they are!" I said to myself. I just had to lean on the railing and stand there a bit to drink it all in. Max wandered over and sat on the railing next to me. *happy sigh* I could have stayed there for hours.....

• Like 2

Oh- I have to tell you another story from this past weekend! :D

In our family we have these sayings called "Dad-isms": words or phrases that he utters that are just a bit 'off the mark'. LOL We know what he means - he just says the wrong word. Over the weekend we witnessed first-hand just how close that apple falls from the tree! ;)

DH and I were visiting my son and his fiancée on Sunday and we got to discussing some wedding details. The conversation then turned to comparing their current venue to others they had visited. He was searching his memory for the name of the place he wanted to reference....but couldn't quite come up with it....

"Pigeon Farm" he finally said. Wait. What? His fiancée tried to interpret:

"You mean The Farms at Eagle Ridge?" I was laughing hysterically at this point and was of no help.

"No," he said " Pigeon....goose....turkey...."

I finally was able to catch my breath and squeaked "You mean Pheasant Run?"

"Yes! That's it!"

I laughed until I couldn't breathe or see thru the tears! :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...