Hello from a newbie

Hello! I'm fairly new to miniatures. I got a bulk box of furniture from a friend who found it in her attic. It all belonged to her sister when she was a little girl but now she has no use for it. The friend also gave me THREE fully built dollhouses! :D I'm really excited to get into the hobby of miniatures!!

About the houses... One is a large seven room plain house. No porch, no shingles, nothing fancy. It's painted solid green. This is the one I'm most happy about because I get to design so much myself, and hopefully expand on it a bit! The second house is Victorian era, eight rooms and a porch. It has shingles but I'm stripping them and re-doing the roof. The stairs are sadly missing, so I'll have to build those myself. The final third house I'm actually not sure on the era..? It's very small with only four rooms. Painted white with tan shingles. It has a cozy porch.

I'll post pictures soon so everyone can see them and maybe someone can identify the era of the third.

I'm so glad to meet y'all!

~Hazel

I'm soooooooo jealous!!!! I want an old one to bash and make my own. I just can't find a kit I "have to have"! I finished my project today, so I'm going to start hitting the flea markets and see if I can find a bash worthy old home.

Welcome to the little family, Hazel. When you have made five posts you can make an album of each bash to post in the Gallery and share the pictures here in your posts. I will be very curious to see the houses, as well as all the furniture you got.

Wow, I would have loved to have had a friend like yours when I was getting into minis. It sounds like you hit the jackpot, and I am sure your friend is happy to give these houses to someone who can appreciate and revive them.

Welcome to Greenleaf, and I look forward to seeing your pictures.

• Like 1

Welcome, Hazel. I'm with the others... looking forward to seeing pictures. And what luck to be given all that! So happy for you that you're starting off with some wonderful projects that will keep you motivated and inspired. And if you ever have questions or need advice, the wonderful people here have answers and virtual reassuring pats on the back!

Edited to correct a spelling error. I had too many carbs at lunch, apparently.

• Like 1