quick build houses....most bang for the build

nuttiwebgal

I have my own opinion about which houses...of the ones I have built are quicker than others

one of my besties after several miscarriages is having a GIRL and I am going to Alabama in the spring and while I am there we are going to build her a dollhouse....Im thinking the Authur....BUT after that in the same trip I am headed to Florida to the weeping Willowcrest whose owner is requesting total make over...for collectible miniatures AND another house for the almost 5 yr old grandaughter and all the cousins to play with.....SIGH....

what about the Chantilly?? Ive always wanted to build one and with the laser cut ones to take sanding time way down...is it doable in 2 or 3 weeks?

I will be flying from Az to either Mo for short visit and down to bama...havent decided that part yet but Florida peeps coming to pick me n Bebe up from Alabama...so both houses have to be purchased and sent to their build locations with any furniture kis we may want to do as well...although I am going to make some special stuff for each house and take with me.... Havent seen my sister from another mister for over 5 yrs...she helpin me with plane tickets lol....

so I am ready for house suggestions....

Have to purchase and shipped so no e-bay house

and what was your quickest build and when I say this...from opening box to last shingle on roof....I did an orchid from my gran in 7 days using a stucco method which I will be using for these houses as well....

momma of newborn is builder too so Im not worried about that build whatever of the small houses we do

but NO one In Pensecola know nuttin bout buildin no house...but with so much to do I may have the daddy and grandpa givin me a hand

whatcha think?

AND if I want to do a plain paperclay walls on the Willowcrest....no stones unless it was a few bricks showing...can I get all that done in my allotted time...who KNOWS when I will be there again.

A Primrose is adorable and quick. You can raise the roof a bit so the upstairs is more functional. My kiddos love it for the critters - I forget their names now - to live in. We have several Prims in a variety of decors. We even added dormers to two of them. Tracey paper-clayed one I believe.

The Willowcrest could be covered with a thin spackle and made to look like stone maybe faster than the Paperclay. Someone did a white stucco finish that was very elegant. Can't remember who though.

So that person 5 miles from Pensacola might be available for assistance, yes?

...So that person 5 miles from Pensacola might be available for assistance, yes?

As a matter of fact that person has been trying to stage a get together with the Nutster since before her move to AZ.

• Like 1

sigh...yes I never got to that area the same times that Holly was home....some one does alot of glavanton around the countryside

Holly if I am in town the same time you are I am DEFINITELY coming to see you!

not sure if we would get much done on my projects cuz Im real sure Ill be busy enjoying all your eyecandy only seen in photos!

so Ima pencil you into my trip...of course Spring is a long way off in my grand scheme of things...when tickets be purchased thats when I will know fer sure!!

Im really wanting to do a Chantilly....any obvious reasons why this house couldnt be completed in my time frame??

The only things I can imagine coming up next Spring are the Pensacola Jazz Festival in April; we always help with it, so we'll be here; and the international music festival in Lafayette which if it's in May again we'll probably go.

• Like 1

The quickest build for me have been the Orchid, Arthur and Buttercup but Greenleaf has come out with several other small model kits since then so anything that has two to three rooms in it are great builds. If you don't want a doll house with a pre-designed exterior, you can get the Haunted House kit and make it any way you want. That dollhouse is versatile and extremely easy to build and finish. I've done them in about three days. Good luck with your trip and dollhouse adventure!

Orchid and Primrose were done for my granddaughter. Easy and quick. Check Overstock and Home Depot ON LINE. Also I noticed that Sears has some on line doll houses. They can be shipped to where ever you need. I mentioned this before, I got the Beacon Hill from Overstock.com and the barn from Home Depot