Prayers Needed

More Minis Dollhouses

Just asking for some prayers to be sent my way. As many of you know my husband has been dealing with serious health issues for a while now and had to unfortunately stop working because of them. He's actually doing better health wise now with the CPAP machine but emotionally he's not well. He's very anxious and depressed be a use of his inability to work. He feels ashamed of his health issues and has lost contact with society because of this. He's really recluse and worried constantly. I've also had to battle my own health issues and its been difficult to be there for him as much as I want to be. It just seems that no amount of emotional support has been enough for him. Just hoping he continues focusing on his health and getting used to his new lifestyle.

Wishing you both well. I hope he is seeing his doctor about the depression. It can be helped and addressed. It's very hard to make these kind of adjustments in your life and it's important to focus on the things that make you feel happy and comforted while improving your health. Mental health is an important part of the whole.

• Like 4

I am happy to hear your husband's health is improving, but I am very sorry to hear about his depression. It seems very natural under his circumstances, and I believe it is especially hard for a man to have to stop working. I will pray that he will find something meaningful to occupy his mind and lift his spirits. Maybe if you tell him you need his support, he may begin to feel useful again.

• Like 2

I'm so sorry to hear this. When a man can not financially support his family, it really does leave them feeling lost because of their identity of being the supporter and protector of the family is defined by his job and ability to financial take care of family. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.

❤️❤️❤️

• Like 2

Has he thought about Volunteering or going visiting old folks...vets...library.....my guy is perfectly happy at home puttering but

I know a few who would not find it anything but worrisome...mans hands are suppose to be taking care of the family...

his role is not diminished just changed...he has to find other ways to take care of his family.......extra huggs for both of you! :flowers:

• Like 1

I know what it feels like to have a husband with serious health issues. I will pray for the God of all comfort to be with you and your family in a special way and for you to have the grace and strength needed for the challenges you face. I wish you the best.

• Like 2

I don't do well with too much time, either. Add not feeling good and boy! There's a recipe for depressed. Hoping he perks up soon, but in the meantime we'll be keeping you both in our little houses all over the world.

• Like 1

awww, I am so sorry... I do know what it's like to be depressed.... I hope he finds something to make him feel better.... maybe he could help you with your mini's... keeping your hands busy certainly helps.... sending you extra hugs and prayers.

• Like 1

Gina,bless you and bless his heart-this just shows what a good man he is,because I know some lazy bums that would relish not having to ever lift a finger again! Hopefully,he will soon find something that suitably challenges him and brings him joy,and he will feel purposeful,without conflicting with his health. Take care of you,too,dear lady! My thoughts and prayers are with y'all.

ED. I had to come back and say,I hope he will come to realize,with peace of mind,that God,fate,the universe,whatever-has put him on this new path for a reason-we don't always 'get it' and it can make us so angry and depressed!(Been there,done that-like most of us.) But hope is there and if his health is holding better,hopefully his perspective will soon catch up. I am an over emotional person sometimes and this has just touched my heart for you,Gina-you are a good,loving wife,to be so understanding,though I know it's hard on you. Again,Prayers are on the way for y'all.

Edited by kat57
  • Like 1

I had baby blues after the birth of my son and untreated, lead to horrible vertigo from the low serotonin. He should see a doctor , it's a horrible hole to dig out of. It's so hard when you know you aren't right and you can't get away from it. He should see an endocrinologist and make sure that it isn't anything more serious. I owe my endocrinologist endless thanks for making my life normal again. "Life IS change. Without it, there would be no butterflies." We just need to learn to cope and forge ahead regardless. He's lucky to have you. Keep lifting him up. With your support and the right doctors care, you will see the man you fell in love with again. He misses him too. I promise.

• Like 2

Aww, I've seen the same depression in the men in my family and my husband's family. It is so hard for them to open their minds to new experiences and the opportunity to try different things. A few managed to start new hobbies or small businesses from home (selling the items they'd made). Others fell into bad habits and died of sheer boredom because the depression prevented them from taking that critical step forward.

My husband's grandpa learnt how to bake, how to knit and how to make beaded jewelry. It kept him going for many years and he passed away on the 4th July, aged 90. I will treasure the little beaded bracelets he made for my daughters - they are a proper keepsake made with love.

I am sending healing thoughts your way and I really hope your husband can rekindle the spark to try something he has always wanted to try, but didn't have the time for. No matter how silly/strange/obscure, as long as it keeps him busy and makes him happy.

And you can reassure him, that whatever he chooses to do, there are MANY people with similar interests that he can connect with over the internet and the world is his oyster.

• Like 3

Gina, my heart goes out to you and your husband. Everyone's suggestions and thoughts here are wonderful. I will add you to my prayers and hope things turn around soon. Do keep us updated. :hug:

I'm sending my heartfelt wishes to you and your husband. Talk with your doctors to get some help. Depression is common and can be treated and sometimes we do need "a little help from our friends". Please keep us updated and know that we wish you well.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and prayers. Its always encouraging to hear others stories. My husband is going to a psychiatrist. He is terribly ashamed of this but he needed to go and they prescribed medication but unfortunately every medication they have tried in him, causes extremely uncomfortable neurological side effects that have caused him even more anxiety. He was diagnosed with nueropathy of the hands and he insists it was caused by the medications so the doctor decided it was best to remove all medications and for him to try natural remedies. We already ordered the supplements he recommended and we are waiting for them to arrive. Hopefully, they should make the situation better. I'm used to my lifestyle because I've had health issues since twelve years old so I'm pretty much settled but all of this is new to him.

It has been difficult to adjust to a new lifestyle especially when he has worked all his life, since his teens. He is a very good computer programmer and did many programs for big companies but his health problems have just made it impossible for him to sit long periods of time and be on the computer. He delayed treatment for years because of his stubbornness of not wanting to stop working. This did more harm than good.

He just needs to become adjusted to this life style but its difficult. I've actually had him work in my BH and to my surprise he has done things to it while I've been sleeping! He painted a little bit of siding and added a little trim to one side. He was really proud and woke me up in the morning to show me what he had done and asked me to forgive him if I didn't like it but I did like it! He did it perfectly. He also gave me a great idea to bash a roof top patio for the dollhouse and sanded some pieces. Looks like the mini bug is catching because since then he seems more upbeat.

• Like 7

Gina, congratulations for getting your hubs hooked into minis; they are wonderfully therapeutic and healing, and perhaps you can get him interested in building you mini furniture and cabinetry for your houses, or in building his own.

He just needs to become adjusted to this life style but its difficult. I've actually had him work in my BH and to my surprise he has done things to it while I've been sleeping! He painted a little bit of siding and added a little trim to one side. He was really proud and woke me up in the morning to show me what he had done and asked me to forgive him if I didn't like it but I did like it! He did it perfectly. He also gave me a great idea to bash a roof top patio for the dollhouse and sanded some pieces. Looks like the mini bug is catching because since then he seems more upbeat.

This makes my heart so, so happy.