Not-so-haunted house

MerciaDiamond

It is beautiful, and certainly doesn't look like your first attempt. Well done! I love your brickwork on the chimney/fireplace. Did you use paper clay on the walls? Gorgeous!

Edited to add: Welcome to the forum! Hopefully your first house won't be your last! :)

Welcome to the Greenleaf family, Mercia. The house is adorable, and it looks like you not only have the knack for making dollhouses, but for posting wonderful pictures as well. I look forward to hearing more from you and seeing more of your work.

• Like 1

Thanks, everyone! @ Cheverley: I used air drying clay on the upstairs wall/ceiling for a plastered look and scrap booking paper on the downstairs walls using diamond glaze so it wouldn't wrinkle.

Here are some more pics...

post-61562-0-61175900-1406082734_thumb.j

post-61562-0-04577200-1406082768_thumb.j

post-61562-0-88703900-1406082862_thumb.j

post-61562-0-61559500-1406083121_thumb.j

post-61562-0-28606700-1406083165_thumb.j

• Like 2

I love what you did with your 'Ye Cozy Cottage'!!!

The first one I built, I didn't like how the first floor had so much space and the second floor had so little space. So, I was determined that if I ever had the chance to build another 'Ye Cozy Cottage', I would drop the second story so both floors would be more equal.

I am in the process of building another 'Ye Cozy Cottage' (I did drop the second floor - most of it) and I like it much more then the first build. But you have done yours in such a way that it seems like it is natural without dropping that second floor. Very nice!

Great work!

Again...... welcome to the forum! Glad to have someone with so much talent here!

• Like 1

Just gorgeous! I'll have to try that on my next build too. Once you have 5 posts, you can start a gallery and keep us updated on this one and future builds. We love looking at other mini-er's works and getting inspired!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I echo what everyone else says -- you did a great job. Welcome to the group and be sure to share your next project. Oh, and there is ALWAYS a "next" project.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...