Psssst. What are you wearing?

Deb

We've played this game before but it's been such a long time that it'll be like playing it for the first time. Besides, it's just fun. We're all the creative types and, well, let's face it...........it's true that artists tend to dress funny. LOL! Actually, it would be more accurate to say that we dress differently because we follow our own visions, not the latest copy of Vogue.

I used to think my style was witchy boho but since I started reading TLo's fashion blog I discovered that there's a better name for it................."Windchime"! I love it!! They used it to describe Johnny Depp but that's okay coz I like his style too since it goes together with mine. I like fringe and bells and tassles and things that jingle when i walk so I wear lots of jewelry. In Denver I was more subdued because the only style they really recognize is Mall Fashionista, but it's different here. I regained my sense of personal style in the land where Navajo women set the standard centuries ago. (If you want to see some amazing women's fashions, google turn of the century Navajo women and prepared to be amazed at the satins, velvets, and incredible jewelry and fringe. Those women knew how to use ornamentation to their advantage and were gorgeous!) Anyway, it didn't take me long to rediscover that it's still the norm for women of all ages and sizes here to wear maxi skirts and bright tops or floaty sundresses with sandals and fringed shawls. I wear capris out occasionally but for the most part, I've learned to re-embrace my feminine side and love it. It's cool and comfy but there's something delicious about the feel of a skirt swirling around one's bare feet. I've also developed a serious fondness for stretch rings since I can fit them over my knuckles and that got me started wearing lots of jewelry again. <grinning> Cheap costume jewelry can be a ton of fun. Even if I never leave the house (and I seldom do), it gives me a little lift to see sparkly things and hear the jingle-jangle of earrings and pendants. I think it's about time for me to go get green streaks in my hair again too.

So, what are you wearing?

• Like 1

I am wearing denim shorts - not ones that are cut off from jeans, but the lighter, looser, cotton denim with evenly stiched hems. I don't like wearing cutoffs or faded jeans. If my jeans start to fade, that's one thing, but I never buy them that way to begin with - not even when I was a teenager. I like that fresh new feeling.

I am also wearing a purple tee-shirt that says "Whatcha Gonna Do?" in white lettering. After the words comes a lighted rope shaped like a question mark. The question mark is attached to a bomb that symbolizes the earth. It's a song by a folk singer named Spook Handy who is from New Jersey and had the opportunity of knowing and performing with Pete Seeger. The song asks what you would do if you believed the world was coming to an end, and the back side says, "It's Up To You."

My sister-in-law Sharon had seen this performer before. When she talked about him, I thought she said his name is Spook Candy, for Halloween, but when Sharon asked how he got his name, Mr. Handy said, "Who knows?" The concert was free, so I thought the least I could do was buy the shirt. His website address is also written on the back.

On my feet, I am wearing lime green water shoes - the hard plastic kind with the holes in them to let the water out. When I first wore a pair of water shoes a few years ago, I didn't think they were very comfortable, but this year, I slipped this pair on, and I don't want to take them off. The lime green doesn't look bad with the purple shirt either; but if it doesn't match, who cares?

I needed a good chuckle and hope my current outfit gives you one, Deb.

I am wearing black bicycle shorts and a navy shirt. What makes it stylish is the rainbow of paint colors. Ice blue, red, brown ochre, a wonderful red called oxblood, some gray and a little white right on the seat from an unfortunate meeting with a paint can lid. Just to be avant garde, I added a small, tasteful dust of ice blue to the left side of my bangs. Diamond studs and band from my DH complete this eye catching ensemble.

• Like 1

I am wearing an ankle length full black skirt. A peach V neck shell. A black slip, white bra and underwear. (I know you wanted to know all that). And dilapidated tennis shoes. No socks. And my unbrushed hair is in a pony tail. Oh, and a dirty mind. No other embellishments.

• Like 1

Well with a dirty mind, what other embellishment could be better?

I'm at work currently, so jeans, leopard print top, flats. But when I'm mini-ing, it's knee length jersey knit shorts from Old Navy (complete with blobs of dried wood glue and paint smatters) and an old, nasty t-shirt with Alf on it (only the image is so faded you can't even tell it's Alf!). I'm telling y'all, I look so good it's a wonder my husband leaves me alone long enough to build dolls houses.

I'm just sayin'.

• Like 2

Black jeans, white 3-4 length sleeves (to disguise the upper arms!!) and a hand-made silver butterfly necklace. Am on my way with my sister to the Guthrie Theatre to see "My Fair Lady.)

I'm wearing a sort of loose top that I use as a night gown, because it's so thin and cool in summer. All I can say is, if you had asked me what I was wearing during the heatwave last week, I probably couldn't have answered and you more than likely wouldn't have wanted to know. It was something to do with the new clothes of high officials (well, people, it's the only way I can stay cool!). Besides, I think Greenleaf frowns on those sorts of comments. :closedeyes:

• Like 4

I just have to comment that one should never sand things when you're naked. Sawdust clings in unfortunate places. On the other hand painting in the nude is classical isn't it? Or is that painting nudes, not "in" the nude. <sigh> I always get that confused which is probably why that junior college suggested I take a creative writing course.

• Like 9

a big bold 1950s inspired sundress with in green with white polka dots. And bare feets. About an hour ago...it was a bathing suit.

My style tends to the classic, with fun pieces thrown in. Unless its winter. Then I live in sweats.

Am wearing white capris, a red 3/4 length sleeve, pullover knit shirt with 3 colors of scrolling and acanthus leaf stencil designs. peach and bronze stencil over red background as well as silvery irredecent script running through the design. The most comfy '' walking on pillows'' gold and silver strappy wedge sandals by Sketchers, dangly mother of pearl earrings, hair extensions and I am usually wearing 2 or 3 dachshunds if I happen to sit down or stretch out ! LOL My style is a touch of elegance but active comfort and the colors that help light me up.

Fun topic :)

I was just looking at my jeans earlier and thinking about the stains (inevitable) that I had managed to get on them without realizing it. My 23 year old daughter (fashionista) is always shaking her head at my willingness to wear stained clothing in public. I tell her I wear it as a badge of honor, Im an artist! lol

Every once in awhile I clean up and as a Leo woman cannot resist beautiful clothes:) My favorite look is feminine cut tshirt with long boot cut jeans and high heel vintage cowboy boots. Sometimes its in style, sometimes it isn't but that's my favorite.

Im not a jewelry person, I have a diamond wedding ring but always wear a big green turquoise ring instead. I love turquoise. And I wear bracelets and leather cuffs (my daughter bought me a beautiful tan leather cuff with jade stones in it for my birthday one year I rarely leave the house without it on) but besides rings and bracelets I don't wear earrings or necklaces unless going out to dinner or on an "occasion".

One weird thing I do that most women don't these days, is even if Im just going to the grocery store I wear full makeup and set my hair in hot rollers. I was a cosmetologist for many decades..maybe that's why or a learned habit from my Mother but I can never stand to go out in public without makeup on. I also wear my sun glasses as a headband, another thing that drives my daughter crazy lol

• Like 1

Thanks for today's giggle! :giggle:

Black slacks and a fuchsia tank top my daughter bought at Goodwill today. She wanted me to try it on, 'cause if it didn't fit me she wanted it. LOL oh, and mulch-stained sneakers. I tried washing them and soaking them without total success. *sigh* I probably shouldn't wear them to work anymore, but my feeties needed the extra support today.

I'm pretty conservative in my style - I don't want to look like a frump, but I'm def not a fashionista. My girls generally just roll their eyes at my lack-luster wardrobe...and buy me bright pink shirts at Goodwill. LOL I love jewelry, but I don't wear much of it - don't even wear a wedding ring since mine had to be cut off prior to a surgery.

Now I'm off to bed and will be sporting my fav overly large, time-worn t-shirt that barely reads "I can never be fired. I'm a MOM" and white sox. My feet are always cold. Always.

Right now just a comfy big shirt and shorts as I relax after work. I normally wear jeans, and I like print tops... I wish I could wear heals... but I am a klutz... so my favorite footwear is Birkenstocks... yes they are clunky and not really feminine but I love them.... in the winter it's just tennis shoes. I do like jewelry, but don't normally wear tons... I do have 3 holes in each ear that I wear small studs or small hoops normally... I do wear necklaces and bracelets occasionally...

I'm wearing a sort of loose top that I use as a night gown, because it's so thin and cool in summer. All I can say is, if you had asked me what I was wearing during the heatwave last week, I probably couldn't have answered and you more than likely wouldn't have wanted to know. It was something to do with the new clothes of high officials (well, people, it's the only way I can stay cool!). Besides, I think Greenleaf frowns on those sorts of comments. :closedeyes:

Fine I will say it..when its sweltering hot..panties and sometimes a top....sometimes

• Like 1

Since I am at work now white 3/4 pants with lots of details on them, like silvery buttons and extra zippers that is of no actual use apart from neat looking and ading a certain little jingle when walking, a black linen under a white lacey long halv-sleaved shirt top, and heel sandals (need those 1-2 inched heels to be able to stand and walk all day, I know I am weird like that) but then I have the extra bling in the jewellery, sort of a sneaky way of being a little like me anyways... Need some of that extra bling to...

When at home it is usually barefoot and whatever the closest to me in the mornings so all colours and whatever shorts/capris/shirt and then a comfy t-shirt or top. I tend to have a base wardrobe of black or grey items pugh that can be spruced up with scarves and jewllery...

Hugs

in Mo I wore alot of Jeans and Tshirts...needed the sleeves...I dont know why

but here in Az...I wear loose and flowing...Dean calls it drippy hippy...I enjoy the capris but I do like my skirts...Good Will has all kinds

of fun stuff to choose from and there are so many stores to choose from... always filp flops....from middle march till middle Nov...then tennis shoes with mis matched socks... I also tend on buying the loudest color shirts I can find.... I love all kinds of animal prints :wave: ....when I first read this I was in my leopard print nightie...pprrrr...I had to walk away! :rofl:

I try to have a big shirt in the workroom when working cuz no matter what state of dress I am in when the muse hits me I go in and start working...I cant go change...nope!

• Like 1

Depends on where I'm going. At home I don't wear jewelry and I tend towards casual; ditto just going out to shop or to run errands. For going "out" and for the recent visit to DH's mom I do go with the necklace and earrings (I have had my jewelry remarked on; it's not expen$ive but it is distinctive); I can no longer weear rings full time (clotting risk when my fingers swell). I have issues with shoes, but I have learned to wear them, if not to keep them on. I love embroidery on my clothes and I recently gave The Kid all my tees with psycho sayings on them (it was hard to part with the camo one that saiys "Aha! Now you can't see me!").

• Like 2

In the summer, I have these wonderful capris that I love and I have seen pictures of me in them and know they look terrible. I no longer care - I spend my summer doing MY stuff, and walking dog, so I don't have to please anyone. And I have always loved going barefoot, so I do as much as possible (except when working on minis in case I drop a sharp object). For cooler weather, I also have a pair of yoga-type pants that have a splash of gesso on them (I shook the bottle but hadn't screwed the cap back on right). Like someone else said, I am proud of these pants!

At work, I tend to be classic/minimal, with make-up and jewelry, and I do love scarves and pashmina shawls. Mostly flats for shoes - the feet are in rebellion at this age.

• Like 1

I have on a loose fitted long white tee that has a very colorful butterfly print with glitter, a pair of turquoise knit capris, and no shoes. This is my usual wear, but if I am going somewhere, I normally wear jeans ( since it's hot , cropped jeans) with my colorful tops. For shoes, I wear flat everything. I love jewelry (silver) , so I am wearing 6 bracelets on one wrist and two on the other and three necklaces. I usually have rings on several fingers and of course some earrings. Hair is usually in a ponytail. At one time, I would not be caught out without makeup ( I have hereditary dark circles), but I have gotten to the point that I don't care so much anymore.