Corrugated Paper Find In An Unlikely Place

So last night I was looking through Google at picture of Second Empire houses and noticed that the shutters have ridges. I wanted to create the same thing for my BH so I planned on passing by the craft store this morning, before my neurologist appointment, and purchase some corrugated paper. Mini shopping always cheers me up before potential bad news.

I happened to pass by the Panera before my appointment because we were hungry and noticed that they placed my sandwich on top of corrugated paper. It's stiff and the ridges are the perfect size for dollhouses! (You know how the mini mind works. We see minis everywhere, even under breakfast sandwiches.) I ask my husband if he thinks we can purchase some of these papers. I only needed ten of them. How much could the manager possibly charge me for them? Maybe $5?

Well, I went and asked and explained what I wanted them for. They actually gave me a huge stack of them and didn't charge me. I thought how nice and what a pleasant surprise before my appointment. I am so excited to get to work on this! It's going to add such nice detail to the dollhouse.

BTW, the appointment went fine, thank goodness. I also passed by the craft store afterwards and they didn't have the paper so Panera saved the day! lol

post-729-0-71496300-1406651099_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

That's a great freebie Gina!!! I had a bunch of corrugated cardboard in a package that arrived here recently but someone tossed it in the recycling before I could salvage it to my scrap pile. :)

• Like 2

We must all be thinking corrugated today. I noticed, as I was eating lunch, that Arby's brisket sandwich comes in a corrugated container. The top layer peels off easily. Leaving fine, brown corrugated cardboard. Very cool.

• Like 2

Gina,so glad your neurologist appointment went well! And what a fun find! I collected various sizes of corrugated cardboard also (Including Arby's containers :)),for my current Ashley build. It' so fun and amazing how many different sizes of corrugations there are! Glad,again,for your good medical news!!

• Like 1