Recipes

rodentraiser

(Almost) Guilt Free Cheesecake

1 quart plain greek yogurt

1 & 1/2 boxes dry instant pudding mix - cheesecake flavored

fresh fruit of choice

Dump yogurt in mixing bowl. Add dry pudding mix (2 boxes can be used, but that's too sweet for me so I just use 1.5 boxes - the leftover can be saved for the next time). Stir well making sure all powdered pudding mix is incorporated & yogurt is smooth. The mixture will be very thick - don't worry, this is a good thing :D .

Spoon yogurt mix into individual serving containers & refrigerate for 3+ hours (this seems to give it more of a cheesecake flavor). Right before serving top each dish with fresh fruit. My favorite is a mix of fresh blueberries & raspberries, but sliced peaches or sliced strawberries are pretty good too!

In a pinch vanilla greek yogurt can be used instead of plain.

Enjoy!

p.s. okay, I know the pudding mix isn't exactly healthy, but I think the 0 fat, high protein yogurt more than makes up for that... That's my story anyways, and I'm sticking to it! lol!

• Like 2

For his birthday dinner tomorrow night DH wants old fashioned chicken pie.

Chicken Pie for 2

Pick and chop up the meat from half a chicken

mash four hard boiled eggs

Chop and brown an onion and a seeded bell pepper (cheat and use a half cup of the frozen seasoning mix)

Spray a small round pan with cooking spray, pour in the above ingredients and a can of cream of chicken (or mushroom) condensed soup and a half cup of frozen English peas

Top with the 1 cup biscuit dough crust I gave the recipe for before and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 30 - 35 minutes.

• Like 1

Or just invest in a small bag of self-rising flour. No, Kathie, no one ever accused me of being able to count; when I cook I just grab things out of the pantry or fridge until whatever it is is made.

I like to take a hefty pinch or two of saffron and stir it into a tablespoon of yogurt and add it to rice; it makes the most gorgeous color!

Now I'm wondering if saffron can be used to color dollhouse bricks.

Honey Mustard recipe

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1/2 cup honey

1/4 cup mustard

Mix and refrigerate if you're going to use it as a dip. Do not use in slow cooker as a sauce. You will get caramel. Ask me how I found that out.

Basically, you can use any mustard your little heart desires and if it's too sweet, you can drop the amount of honey to put in. I used a honey mustard mustard because that was all I had, so I only put in 1/4 cup honey. It was a little sweet, but delicious. Before it burnt up in the slow cooker, that is. *sigh*

When I make honey mustard to cook chicken or pork I just mix a tablespoon of spicy brown or Dijon mustard with enough honey to make a smooth mixture I can spoon onto the meat and spread around; then I wrap it in foil and bake it.

My son made this the other day ! Not as good as my Nannys but delicious just the same.!

Peanut butter Fudge

1 jar peanut butter

1 can pilsbury vanilla icing

Put in bowl, microwave for 1 minute, Then again for 1 minute.

Pour in pan and stir until its all blended. !

Refrigerate.

Chocolate peanut butter fudge is 1 jar peanut butter and 1 can chocolate pilsbury icing.

well I usually do this whole recipe from scratch but here's the easy version of Strawberry Cream Pie:

1 graham cracker pie shell

1 box vanilla pudding mix

sliced fresh strawberries sweetened to taste (add blueberries if you have them too)

whipping cream, whipped the way you like it

Mix the pudding according to directions and pour into the pie shell.

Let it chill for an hour or so then slice into serving pieces, top with the berries and whipped cream! (got any chocolate you want to shave onto it?)

There's no calories in this, right?? :)