Printing from digital magazines?

shannonc60

I am not sure how it can be done so was hoping there was someone here with a good trick. I subscribe to digital magazines (specifically pocketmags on ipad) and wanted to know if there is a way of printing the printies/cutouts. I can't figure out how to do this, and it appears the magazines aren't available to be viewed online other than through the app. The only thing I can think of is a screenshot, but think the quality would be low. Thanks!

You may not be able to do it.

First I'm assuming you have an eprinter for your iPad. The square with the up arrow in the upper right hand side of the top of the page may allow you to select a printer, or the option to save an image, or sometimes, depending on app compatibility, to open in a different program such as PDF Expert (if the file is PDF).

Good luck. I adore my iPad, but have been frustrated by this type of thing from time to time. There is usually a way around it with apps.

I have an app installed for my Samsung printer, then need the IP adress of the printer to be able to connect with the printer and then it is easy enough to print from the Ipad. It can however play havoc with the sizes of things since the printing process in default is set to stretch the "image" to fill a whole page.

Hugs

If it's an iPad, you may be able to print the screen by using these instructions:

http://www.tabletpcexpert.co.uk/how-to/print-screen-using-ipad/

Pretty much, you hold the power key and home button at the same time. Then you can forward the photo to your desktop and print.

I love learning new tricks with my iPad :)

Thanks everyone. I don't want to take a screenshot unless I absolutely have to. I did look at the arrow in the top corner and there was no print option. It's not a great setup is it? Especially for the price they charge.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. I don't want to take a screenshot unless I absolutely have to. I did look at the arrow in the top corner and there was no print option. It's not a great setup is it? Especially for the price they charge.

I agree completely, Shannon. They ought at least to send a separate email with a pdf of the printies as part of the e-sub. I mean, I get the protection of the rest of the mag, but the printies? Grrrrr.

In fact, maaaaaybe if you email them they might do that for the one you're frustrated by? Hm, I used to have one e-subscription, but I hadn't thought of that 'til just now...