I've found my Dream House! A Hofco Victorian Farmhouse

Stacey6163

The search is over, my stash is complete, I think :) I won an auction on eBay for a Hofco Victorian Farmhouse kit new in the box, I am so excited!! I've been checking all afternoon to see if they accepted my offer and they countered and I bought it!!!! :D I recently got a family of Cacao dolls with metal hands and feet and they have claimed it already, they have good taste. I can't wait to get it and see how it wants to be decorated, so happy!

• Like 7

Congratulations Stacey. Do you have a storyline yet?

You mentioned the family of dolls so I thought maybe you might.

Isn't it nice to feel complete?

Um, I'm not sure I know about that yet but I'm trying really, really hard. hahahaha

• Like 1

LOL, thankfully, every time I complete my "dream dollhouse", my brain switches gear and I fall in love with a new "dream dollhouse". I haven't spotted my next one yet, but, I know it's out there.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone! I feel like a little kid that got exactly what they wanted for Christmas :) I've got all sorts of ideas but realize all that might change once the house gets here and let's me know what it wants. The little people are really excited about it, and have their own ideas, they are from the city and this is their dream country home. He is a writer that wants his own office and she has worked as a secretary in a law office and is looking forward to being a stay at home mom and wants her own sewing/craft room ( I like how she thinks ) . They are the parents of two young boys, one shy and quiet and sweet while the other is a holy terror, always getting into trouble. They are happy to be out of the city and looking forward to exploring the countryside.

I wasn't sure how John would react about another dollhouse kit, but he is looking forward to building it for me, one of the advantages of having a carpenter for a hubby :D , so it should be a fun joint project. Such a lucky girl.

• Like 3

Stacey! I need to catch up in the threads! Congratulations on the dollhouse ! I have to Google that house and see what it is. I am not familiar with that company.

Never say "never" "complete" or "finished"! :-)

For some reason the smilies don't work on my tablet.

• Like 1

Well the search continues. The dollhouse came today and as soon as I opened the box I could tell it wasn't all there. Just from a quick look through it is missing five large pieces, a set of stairs, the doors and some windows are broken and others missing. I didn't bother checking any of the other parts. It was listed as new and only opened to inventory and that is was all there, first, how can people be so dishonest and second, did they think I wouldn't notice? So I'll be opening a case and getting my money back, but what a major dissapointment. And back to searching.....

I feel your pain, Stacey. That happened to me a few years ago -- got a Glencroft advertised as NIB, yet all that was in the box were the empty sheets of plywood. All of the house parts were missing. Very disappointing on many levels.

Oh, Stacey! While you will have the satisfaction of reporting the seller and preventing, or at least delaying their pulling such a stunt on another unsuspecting bidder/ buyer, I feel your disappointment bitterly!

Well there is a happy ending, the seller refunded the money and said to keep the kit. I spent a couple of hours last night sorting through, labeling parts and figuring out what all needs replaced. It will take a sheet of 3/8" plywood and some work, but I think we can make the missing parts. While waiting to hear back from the seller I bid on a Hofco Classic Victorian in need of repair, that one will be here next week :D I haven't mentioned it to John yet, waiting for the right moment. The entire exterior is painted white, siding, trim, chimney - everything, so that should be fun, but the interior is unfinished, a blank slate. Needless to say I will be happy and busy for a long while. :)

• Like 2

Don't know how I missed this post earlier. I love HOFCO houses! I have 4 waiting for my attention, the Victorian Classic, Victorian Farm houses, the Americana, and a still in box that is call the cottage or something like that. It looks like the Arthur. As for my collection, I think it is safe to say mine is complete too. Have fun with these. I have the instructions for them if you need them and can give you pictures if you need them too.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! I may have hit another snag though, the seller of the Victorian has not responded to numerous emails and has not provided any shipping updates - it's been six days. Here we go again :( On the bright side I did get a sheet of 3/8 plywood to cut the pieces out for the farmhouse, and still holding out hope on the other one.