Newbie Here Half almost done with The Beacon Hill

asisteract

Hello all - Newbie here just getting started in the mini world. We are working on The Beacon Hill. I am 50 years old and have wanted a dollshouse all my life, finally my sister said she would build one if I bought it. So here we are almost finished with The Beacon Hill and what a thrill!!

Thanks so much for having us

Jenni and terry

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum, both of you!

I think everyone loves the Beacon Hill :)

So it will be nice to see photos of what you are doing with yours. Once you have five posts you can start a gallery of your photos.

• Like 1

If it's undecorated inside at all she might want to wait on installing any stairs until you have primed and decorated the stairwell walls and finished the floor and celing, at least. I also hope she's using carpenter's wood glue to build it, and not the hot glue so many Greenleaf kit instructions call for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Well I hate to report that we are still not done. I just made a post about trading another if anyone could point me in the right direction, I am thinking I may never get a dollhouse :( Teresa has had some medical problems but is finally working on the house again :)

• 5 months later...

Hello Michael,

I would think the siding goes on before the window trim. I always try to do exterior trims (doors, windows, etc.) last.

Woundering if anyone can suggest when to put the siding on bbefore or after the window trim?

If you want the window trim to sit on top of the siding, then the siding will go on first.

If you want the siding to butt up against the window trim, then you can either put the trim on first or trace the trim and leave a space to add it after the siding is in place. 

Whatever works for you. :)

If you're using the kit windows butt the siding to the trim whether you install it first or last.   If you're using Houseworks windows you my wish the install your window trim over the siding to accommodate the extra thickness/

If you're using the kit windows butt the siding to the trim whether you install it first or last.   If you're using Houseworks windows you my wish the install your window trim over the siding to accommodate the extra thickness/

Good point, Holly. Thanks for pointing it out.

Thanks, Kathie; I discovered the problem of lapping the Greenleaf trim over the siding when I sided my first time, the Westville, and it occurred to me this would be better with Houseworks components.