Hello from Oregon :-)

Chanzy720

I've been reading posts for month's now and finally decided to make the leap to posting. I'm Chantelle from the beautiful Willamette Valley in Oregon.

My love for anything miniature was surprisingly started within the last three years by a gift from my boyfriend. An amazing Goodwill find, a complete kit, Dura-Craft San Franciscan 557! While I haven't started that project as of yet, I have now acquired three more Dura-Craft kits. My first attempt is the Sweetheart. Its still in progress as of today.

This weekend will be my first miniature show in Portland and I couldn't be more excited to finally be able to meet other enthusiasts!

Chantelle

Welcome to the GL family. Glad you decided to join.

I have a Sweetheart and just love it. It's been rehabbed three times !!! It's a Tudor design now.

As you probably know from reading posts here for awhile, after you have made 5 posts you can start an album.

We do love pictures and it's also great for record keeping for yourself for future reference of how you did different things along the way.

Feel free to ask questions - someone is bound to have the answer but no one has them all. As Havanaholly always reminds us, No question is ever considered foolish. We all have many things to learn and that's the great thing about this forum - the sharing and encouraging that takes place.

Nice, a fellow Oregonian...Ive lived all over the Willamette Valley, and in Central Oregon. Welcome to the group, I hope you enjoy being part of the fun. Envious that you get to attend the pdx show, I hope you find some treasures:)

• Like 1

Welcome Chantelle. I was in Portland quite a few years ago and would love to return to Oregon some day - especially if there is a miniature show in the area. I hope you enjoy the show in Portland, and I also hope you will share your projects with us once you get started. - Have fun.

Welcome to the forum, Chantelle!! I like that you start hoarding kits already... isn't it great that we all tend to that? It seems that within days of discovering miniatures we go nuts... what a wonderful addiction.

• 3 weeks later...