Workshop in Richmond, VA

New Day

Hi everyone!

I have really missed you all! Sorry, I haven't been around lately, but I have been busy with minis. :)

I wanted to let you know that our club is having a State Day in 2015 and we have been very busy with planning and creating all sorts of fun surprises!

The State Day will be held on April 18, 2015, in Richmond, VA, at the Hampton Inn and Suites. We are a N.A.M.E. club, but this event is open to non N.A.M.E. members, as well.

This is a one day workshop to create your own 19th Century Peddler Doll. It's a great project for those who have never dressed a doll, yet is detailed enough for those with doll dressing experience.

The 1" scale porcelain doll is painted and wigged. All the machine sewing for the clothing has been done - participants will only have to do basic hand sewing and gluing to dress the doll. The project includes a doll stand, a 5" x 7" base, accessories for the base and kits to make all the items on the doll's tray. The registration fee of $80.00 also includes lunch, wonderful artisan souvenirs, a tote bag full of goodies to enhance the project, door prizes and State Day helpers.

Registration opens on October 1, 2014.

Participation is limited to 50. The registration form is located on the E-1 website: http://www.nameregione1.org/ or send me a PM here and I will forward a registration form to you.

post-1680-0-36056200-1411730399_thumb.jp

The Virginia State Day committee looks forward to seeing you in Richmond next April!

Traci, what a wonderful workshop. The doll is a sweetie and would look quite at home in my Bohemian Inn/Pierce. I'm tempted, especially since our planned trip to that part of the country got sidetracked last spring.

Traci, what a wonderful workshop. The doll is a sweetie and would look quite at home in my Bohemian Inn/Pierce. I'm tempted, especially since our planned trip to that part of the country got sidetracked last spring.

Thanks Kathie!

It would be so much fun if you could join us! :)

Traci, where did they get those wee gourds for the basket? I've been looking for more ever since our first Fall swap we did here in 2005!

Hi Holly,

They are seed pods, I think, that just happen to look like pumpkins. They are called dried Putka pods.

I wish I had know you were there when I was in Richmond. My brother lives in Glen Allen, but I don't talk to him or his wife. My mom lived in Richmond for a while and I was visiting her for a couple weeks.

There was a miniature store somewhere there that was supposed to be closing (this was in 2007). It was one of those junky miniature stores where you have to sift through things to find stuff and there were treasures turning up everywhere. I wish I had bought more when I was visiting it.

There are actually THREE miniature stores in Richmond if Mrs Bell's hasn't closed (Traci took me to all three last time we were through there), although Lisa's didn't really have anything I could use, since it was mostly Bespaq; although she carried a lot of it in Barbie scale.

I wish I had know you were there when I was in Richmond. My brother lives in Glen Allen, but I don't talk to him or his wife. My mom lived in Richmond for a while and I was visiting her for a couple weeks.

There was a miniature store somewhere there that was supposed to be closing (this was in 2007). It was one of those junky miniature stores where you have to sift through things to find stuff and there were treasures turning up everywhere. I wish I had bought more when I was visiting it.

Kelly, I wish I had known you were here!

Holly and I had a great time visiting all 3 stores. I think the one you went to was Bell's, Kelly. They ended up not selling the business and are still here for now. I need to get back over there. It's been a while. It is run by the nicest couple!

Lisa is doing just online sales now and she does have beautiful stuff. I think her blog is pumpkin hill studios.

Little old couple? I found a Lawbre staircase (the one that made a U-turn with steps on all three legs) and that nice lady sold it to me for only $25.

Three stores. It figures. I'm never talking to my brother again and he lives where there are three stores. Same with the other brother. I'm not talking to him either and he lives in San Diego, right down the street from one the stores there. :mad: