Breaking News!!!

Caseymini

Casey, you have to have a software program on your computer in order to "build" the plans for your 3D printer. My son uses it in school :)

Looking at the link it seems like it might use some type of pre-loaded patterns. A similar machine is used in scrapbooking. I think it's called a Cri-Cut? I see the pattern cartridges in Michael's all the time.

I'm not seeing the value either but I'd rather build something of wood with my hands..I try not to use plastic at all I don't like the way it looks. But...I'm willing to be convinced of it's worthwhileness and glad you all have a new toy to add to the workshop!

• Like 1

The technology is in its infancy. It's like the first PC's or cell phones in the early 80's. I remember my company paid $7000 for the first IBM PC. The costs should come down as the demand increases. 20 years from now there will be many home and commercial uses for it. Manufacturing will benefit the most. I've been investing in this technology, that's why I get excited when I see new players.

• Like 1

I have to agree. I would rather work with my hands with wood and natural materials. I thought about it and there is no way that I would spend that kind of money on plastic doodads. It would be fun to try, but just think about how many Greenleaf and Corona kits could be purchased with the same money. Thanks for talking me down off of the ledge!

• Like 3

Now, if you could get ground beef on spools to feed into the machine and make meatballs or meatloaf or other edibles, that would be getting closer to the Star Trek feeding station concept and might get my attention. :lol:

• Like 3

What a hoot! I swear, we are at a point in the development of our technology that if it can be imagined, it can be made to happen! I see both pros and cons in this revelation. :hmm:

• Like 1

I would print off my own plates, cups, saucers, pie dishes, pyrex bakeware, jelly molds, knives/forks/spoons, kitchen utensils, mixers and coffee machines - all the little bits from Aztec that are so darn expensive to buy.

And *blush*.... I have to wait for them to bring it out in 240 Volt version for the UAE before I blow it up like I did with my previous scroll saw....... :bangin:

What a hoot! I swear, we are at a point in the development of our technology that if it can be imagined, it can be made to happen! I see both pros and cons in this revelation. :hmm:

Definitely gave my nerves a run for the money!