Swaps are BACK!

147 posts in this topic

Shipping will be as cheap as I can get it. Hopefully in one of those 'everything that fits' boxes.

You don't have to spend a lot to participate. I think that the items should be $5-10 of VALUE not cost. You might spend pennies to make something valuable. Just look at it and think if YOU would pay $5-10 for it. (for example, a $1 michaels hutch could be sanded and painted and detailed and be worth $10+ and all it took was your time)

I like your thinking on this Deana,

Some people may be intimidated if the value seems too high and may not join in and miss the chance in all the fun. I know I already said I'm in but theme or no theme I'm game. I have places in my houses and room boxes that can always use pretty much anything maybe even that little scrunched up dish rag or bar of soap! I swear I had that bar of soap on the sink last week! Has anyone seen it? hmmm

Have you reached 15 people, Deana? If not, I'd love to do it. I've done swaps in other art realms before but never in minis. What fun!

I think it's at 8 so far.

Pretty sure Saturday will be the last day to sign up and I will message everyone then.

No theme has been chosen, but one person would like to not have any holiday items, which I think is fine. So just anything BUT holiday.

2 people like this

I'd like to join. I've been in a rut, and this will be just the motivation I need to get creating again!

Entry for the swap is now closed.

I sent everyone a PM who said they wanted to join. If you did not get one, let me know asap.

A total of 9 are participating.

Deana, you are a good do-be! :hug:

1 person likes this

Yay! Thank you for hosting this, Deana. I've already started my items and I'm having lots of fun!

Swaps are supposed to be fun for everybody, and this one sounds like it's off to a good start! Everyone remember to take pictures of your items before you mail them off to your hub, so you can post them in this swap's album when it's over, and we can all see what the items are.

1 person likes this

I just now read about the new Swap. What a wonderful idea! Will you be able to share all of the items from the participants so that we can see what everyone has created?

Thanks, Deanna for taking charge of this. Sounds like fun for the 9 that signed up this time.

I've made so much progress on my swap stuff today! I got everything done except the ______ ________s!! :ohyeah:

How's everyone else doing?

1 person likes this

I'm sanding & sanding & sanding some more... :yucky:

I've cut out the main parts & assembled 2 of them.

Need to make bowls & __?__...

1 person likes this

Boo Hoo! I've lost some important materials--I either need to tear the (RL) house apart to find them or go buy them again at the craft store, which will of course guarantee that I will find them within five minutes of returning.

Oh no! Well, worst case, keep your receipt and you can take them back when the originals show up. :)

Me, I got all of the _____ half done today, and half of the _____ are all done.

So I'm feeling good but I'd hoped to get closer to finishing today... so many things going on, so little weekend!

I can't wait to see all of the lovely things ❤️

I finally got to work on my ________ today. My favorite part so far is rummaging through all the bits and pieces I forgot I had :bigwink:

1 person likes this

Well, tonight I made 10 ________s and 40 _________s to go with the 100s of ___________s I made earlier in the week. I think that I'll be able to finish in another two sessions of mini-ing!

1 person likes this

Well, tonight I made 10 ________s and 40 _________s to go with the 100s of ___________s I made earlier in the week. I think that I'll be able to finish in another two sessions of mini-ing!

Ooh! 100s of ______s!! Sounds SO intriguing when you say it like that. I'm thinking I should always talk about minis in blanks. :)

1 person likes this

I got a good chunk of mine done too. Its quite interesting I normally sway towards the darkerish side of things like wizards, witches, tudor-ish and halloween but I completely went outside on this. I hope everyone likes_____ and _____. haha

2 people like this

I hope everyone likes_____ and _____. haha

LOL that's my favorite! how'd you know???

2 people like this

gallery_4762_7019_20379.png

If I showed you any more - I'd give it away! :prop:

I have some baskets stashed somewhere that I can use for this swap, but where are they?!

4 people like this