Rocking Horse

Steve Panner

Probably lots of you saw this horse in the "work in progress" thread or in the gallery, so you are probably sick of it by now, but, since I haven't been working on anything else in the meantime, here it goes:

It is available on eBay here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/OOAK-Miniature-dollhouse-rocking-horse-1-12-by-Steve-Panner-IGMA-/261614120730?pt=US_Dollhouse_Miniatures&hash=item3ce96aaf1a

There you can see a lot of other pictures, in case you haven't seen enough of it by now :lol:

I truly thank you all for your suggestions in the first thread, if they are not found in the finished product is either because I don't have the skills for it or I'm saving them for future builds. In any case I wanted to say that your advice was heard and greatly appreciated! :)

• Like 1

Steve, you are an artist, this is truly amazing. Such a pretty horse.

Did you ever think about carousel horses? Ever wanted to build one? Not that I am trying to talk you into anything - just throwing out a suggestion...... It doesn't have to be big - four or five horses - small motor and such....

I can also see you building a whole circus - one of these old fashioned ones.... With your animals, a tent.....

Anyways, getting off topic here. Beautiful work, it turned out really great.

Thank you Chris! I can't really build big stuff because of the shipping cost. And to build them for myself... probably my wife would throw me out of the house :LOL:

Thanks Holly!

Kathie, I realize the rocking horse is kind of a niche product. But I could not think of another thing to make, that would combine sculpting and woodworking. And I want them combined, because I love them both and because with the furred animals I feel I've reached the limit of my skill and still I'm far from the top artists in the field. So I'm kinda in a dead spot, lost in the crowd. And I wanted something to stand out, and wood might give me that.

Thank you too Debra! I was a bit nervous, since it had no offers until almost the end of the auction. Was wondering if all that time was for nothing :)

• Like 1

Steve, mine was the first bid on the rocking horse, but I strayed from the auction and missed out at the end. When I made my bid there were several people watching, so I figured there would be a run at the end. The person who won is one lucky duck!